- Williams into US Open 2nd round when injured opponent stops Updated: Aug-31-15 11:56 pm
NEW YORK - Even before Serena Williams set foot in Arthur Ashe Stadium on Monday night, her path through the U.S. Open to complete a true Grand Slam became a lot easier thanks to losses by other top women.
- Latest on US Open: Rafael Nadal tops teen Coric in 1st round Updated: Aug-31-15 11:51 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Serena Williams could face Sharapova in US Open semifinal Updated: Aug-27-15 4:57 pm
NEW YORK - Serena Williams could play an All-American U.S. Open.
- Stephens tops Pavlyuchenkova at Citi Open for 1st WTA title Updated: Aug-09-15 8:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Sloane Stephens sat at a table for her postmatch news conference, eyed the big glass trophy sitting at arm's length, and asked, "What happens to this?"
- Nishikori comes back to beat Isner for 1st Citi Open title Updated: Aug-09-15 7:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Kei Nishikori already was going to enter the U.S. Open brimming with confidence, thanks to his runner-up finish there a year ago. A title at a hard-court tuneup a few weeks before heading to Flushing Meadows only helps.
- Defending champ Svetlana Kuznetsova pulls out of Citi Open Updated: Aug-05-15 9:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Defending champion Svetlana Kuznetsova has pulled out of the Citi Open, citing an injury to her lower left leg.