- Russia strikes back at Turkey with economic sanctions Updated: Nov-26-15 11:59 am
MOSCOW - Russia plans to retaliate against Turkey for the downing of a warplane by imposing sanctions, cutting economic ties and scrapping major investment projects.
- SE Asia creates Economic Community, but challenges remain Updated: Nov-21-15 11:39 pm
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - Thirteen years after the idea was mooted, Southeast Asian leaders on Sunday formally created a unified economic community in a region more populous and diverse than the European Union or North America, and with hopes of competing with China and India.
- Canadian newcomer Trudeau a fresh face among APEC leaders Updated: Nov-19-15 11:23 am
MANILA, Philippines - He's younger than the next youngest leader by six years and nearly a full generation behind the 60-year-old average age of his Pacific Rim peers.
- Pacific trade pact praised, panned as Obama urges approval Updated: Nov-18-15 7:03 am
MANILA, Philippines - The Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal between the U.S. and 11 other Pacific nations is drawing potential new members from Asia and criticism from those excluded, as it heads for a tough ride in the U.S. Congress.
- Putin, Indonesia's Jokowi to skip APEC summit in Manila Updated: Nov-13-15 5:18 am
MANILA, Philippines - Russian President Vladimir Putin called President Benigno Aquino III to tell him he will skip the summit of the Pacific Rim leaders in Manila next week because of the ongoing investigation into the crash of a Russian plane in Egypt, Aquino's spokeswoman said Friday.
- The Latest: British minister: Jet likely downed by explosive Updated: Nov-09-15 1:47 pm
CAIRO - The latest on the crash of a Russian plane in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula over a week ago that killed all 224 people onboard. (All times local.)