- Former Gov. Culver convenes Medicaid privatization meetings Updated: Feb-05-16 6:02 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Iowa Gov. Chet Culver, often rumored a possible Congressional candidate, has scheduled town meetings next week to talk to Iowans affected by the state's plan to hire three private companies to run the Medicaid program.
- Recent editorials published in Iowa newspapers Updated: Feb-01-16 9:05 am
The Des Moines Register. Jan. 28, 2016
- The Latest: Trump campaign says rally raised $6 million Updated: Jan-28-16 11:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Latest on developments from the 2016 Republican race for president, less than a week out from the Iowa caucuses (all times local):
- Companies say there's a hold up on Iowa broadband law Updated: Jan-24-16 11:16 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Companies trying to expand high-speed Internet in rural areas of Iowa say a key part of Gov. Terry Branstad's new broadband law is still not formally in effect, and it could hinder how they plan for future projects in the state.
- Trump touts "a good day" after Palin endorsement Updated: Jan-20-16 11:29 pm
NORWALK, Iowa - Donald Trump brandished the endorsement of conservative Republican firebrand Sarah Palin at an Iowa rally Wednesday in the increasingly intense 2016 GOP presidential sweepstakes.
- Branstad addresses education, water quality in annual speech Updated: Jan-12-16 3:35 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Asking lawmakers to work with him on solutions, Gov. Terry Branstad pledged Tuesday to invest more money in K-12 education and water quality - a promise for the upcoming fiscal year that could hit roadblocks from legislators who disagree on how to fund those priorities.
- In Iowa, establishment GOP candidates play expectations game Updated: Jan-08-16 8:33 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Jeb Bush and Chris Christie won't win Iowa. Marco Rubio probably won't either.