- New Iowa taking effect; Branstad still mulling budget bills Updated: Jun-30-15 3:38 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A number of new Iowa laws take effect Wednesday, though the governor has not yet acted on some key parts of the state budget.
- Branstad extends bird flu disaster proclamation Updated: Jun-29-15 6:14 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Gov. Terry Branstad has extended a state of disaster emergency through July 31 in response to the bird flu outbreak in the state.
- Governors urge EPA to keep renewable fuel standards intact Updated: Jun-25-15 3:58 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A plan to reduce the amount of renewable fuels required in the U.S. gasoline supply drew heated condemnation of the petroleum industry Thursday from two governors who said health of the ethanol industry is vital to their states' economy.
- Court ruling means 38,000 in Iowa keep subsidized insurance Updated: Jun-25-15 1:56 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - With the U.S. Supreme Court upholding tax credits for the federal Affordable Care Act on Thursday, thousands of Iowa residents will continue to receive government support for insurance purchased through federal exchanges.
- EPA to hear testimony from hundreds on renewable fuels plan Updated: Jun-24-15 7:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A federal proposal to reduce the amount of renewable fuels required in gasoline would have a stifling impact on the ethanol industry and goes against the intentions of Congress when it set the standards eight years ago, opponents of the suggested changes said.
- Branstad: Bird flu could leave 1,500 unemployed by August Updated: Jun-18-15 4:08 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - More than 1,500 Iowa workers are expected to lose their jobs as a result of the bird flu outbreak and the cost to the state's egg industry alone will exceed $1 billion, Gov. Terry Branstad said Thursday in a letter seeking a major disaster declaration from President Barack Obama.
- Iowa medical marijuana prompts parents to consider moving Updated: Jun-14-15 11:10 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - The Legislature's failure to expand Iowa's medical marijuana law has some parents of sick children looking to Minnesota.
- Iowa Republicans ending straw poll, a tradition born in 1979 Updated: Jun-12-15 10:41 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican leaders in Iowa have agreed to end the state's straw poll because of waning interest from presidential hopefuls and questions about its relevancy.
- Iowa lawmakers adjourn 2015 legislative session Updated: Jun-05-15 6:00 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Iowa lawmakers adjourned the 2015 legislative session Friday, approving a $7.3 billion spending plan that includes modest increases for education, funding to maintain mental health institutions and a tax break for broadband Internet infrastructure.