- Durbin to meet with NGA director on St. Louis headquarters Updated: May-04-16 6:02 pm
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says he plans to meet with National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency's director to discuss errors in the report that led to the preliminary decision to build the spy agency's new regional headquarters in St. Louis.
- Durbin seeks national park status for Cahokia Mounds Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 pm
COLLINSVILLE, Illinois - An ongoing effort to get an ancient southwestern Illinois historical site designated as a national park is getting a boost from U.S. Senator Dick Durbin.
- Senators try to revive criminal justice overhaul Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators unveiled legislation on Thursday to give judges more discretion in sentencing offenders, a renewed push to overhaul the nation's criminal justice system after objections from some conservatives and Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Democrats eye Senate takeover after establishment wins Updated: Apr-27-16 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Democrats are increasingly optimistic they will take back control of the Senate in November, buoyed by establishment wins in Maryland and the key battleground state of Pennsylvania.
- Sept. 11 families upset by White House effort to derail bill Updated: Apr-19-16 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Families of the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks say they are "greatly distressed" that the Obama administration is working to derail legislation giving them the right to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for any role that elements of the Saudi government may have played in the attack.
- Senators urge Obama to raise Saudi rights cases on visit Updated: Apr-19-16 10:57 am
WASHINGTON - Five senators are calling on President Barack Obama to press Saudi Arabia on human rights issues and raise the cases of two imprisoned advocates when he visits Riyadh this week.
- Durbin, Duckworth: Drugmakers, take back your addictive meds Updated: Apr-14-16 10:50 pm
CHICAGO - Two Illinois Democrats are calling on the pharmaceutical industry to help dispose of leftover medications that could feed addiction.
- Whitehouse praises Supreme Court nominee Garland Updated: Apr-06-16 8:06 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse says Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland is a qualified jurist who should receive a hearing and a vote.
- Nominee Garland smiles, stays quiet while in public view Updated: Apr-06-16 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - "Cubs or White Sox?"
- Excerpts from recent editorials in Illinois newspapers Updated: Apr-05-16 11:23 am
April 3, 2016