- Afghan probe finds leadership failure behind fall of Kunduz Updated: Nov-21-15 9:40 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Weak leadership, misuse of resources and lack of coordination between Afghan security services were the main reasons a strategic northern city briefly fell to the Taliban, the head of an investigative team said Saturday.
- Paris attacks reaction: Nordic governments condemn attacks Updated: Nov-14-15 5:50 am
PARIS - World leaders are reacting to the deadliest violence to strike France since World War II. Some of their comments:
- Turkmenistan and Afghanistan to lay new pipeline Updated: Nov-10-15 6:44 am
ASHGABAT, Turkmenistan - Turkmenistan and Afghanistan have agreed to jointly launch the construction of a multi-billion dollar pipeline that will pump natural gas from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, Turkmen state media reported Tuesday.
- Afghans swell migrant tide as they flee war, unemployment Updated: Nov-04-15 1:11 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - As a recent high school graduate from a middle-class Kabul family, Mohammed Fahim Aazar has the means to go to college and pursue a profession in Afghanistan, but instead he's acquired a $5,600 visa and a plane ticket to Turkey, where he will embark on the migrant trail to Europe.
- Afghanistan to accept its citizens deported from Germany Updated: Nov-02-15 6:17 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan will take back all its citizens to be deported from Germany as the European country struggles to accommodate hundreds of thousands of refugees and other migrants who have arrived there this year, a Kabul official said.