- Haley asks feds to speed up crop loss payments to farmers Updated: Nov-23-15 5:16 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley wants the U.S. Department of Agriculture to speed up crop insurance payments to farmers who lost their harvests because of last month's historic flooding.
- Ethics panel ends allegations against attorney general Updated: Nov-18-15 4:58 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The State Ethics Commission dropped allegations Wednesday that Attorney General Alan Wilson took eight donations exceeding the legal limit during his re-election campaign.
- 3 top prosecutors: Don't send us Guantanamo detainees Updated: Nov-18-15 3:42 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Top prosecutors in three states being assessed as potential future homes for Guantanamo Bay detainees implored the Obama administration on Wednesday not to send the prisoners to their states.
- Haley says she still supports giving refuge to persecuted Updated: Nov-16-15 6:17 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley said Monday that she continues to support allowing persecuted immigrants to come to South Carolina - as long as they're not from Syria.
- Clyburn renews call for expanding Medicaid in SC Updated: Nov-13-15 7:50 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - U.S. Rep. Jim Clyburn has renewed his call to expand Medicaid in South Carolina, saying that equal access to health care is a problem that is "almost criminal."
- S Carolina National Guard's storm-response costs total $40M Updated: Nov-06-15 1:33 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top military officer says the state National Guard and its Emergency Management Division have spent about $40 million responding to last month's catastrophic storm.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Nov-04-15 4:31 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Haley signs order so National Guard can continue restoration Updated: Oct-30-15 5:22 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley is keeping the National Guard on active duty through Nov. 25 so units can continue helping local governments make emergency repairs.