- Mourners recall Charleston church victims at service Updated: Jun-17-16 3:54 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina's governor somberly held up programs from the funerals of the victims of the Charleston church shootings, saying Friday during a memorial service that the faith of those victims showed how to heal in the aftermath of still another mass shooting.
- The Latest: Governor thinks of church victims daily Updated: Jun-17-16 12:23 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The Latest on observances for the anniversary of the Charleston, South Carolina church shootings in which nine people were shot and killed during a Bible study (all times local):
- 2 Senate leaders survive Haley opposition; 1 senator ousted Updated: Jun-14-16 11:22 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - So far, Gov. Nikki Haley is one for four. Two of the Senate leaders she tried to unseat defeated their challengers Tuesday, but a third will leave the Legislature after 32 years.
- The Latest: Recount likely in 2nd District Democratic race Updated: Jun-14-16 10:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Latest on the South Carolina primaries (all times local):
- 2 congressmen, 39 legislators face primary challengers Updated: Jun-14-16 7:00 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Voters across South Carolina will determine whether two incumbent congressmen and 39 legislators survive primary contests to be on November's ballots.
- 3 US House races, legislative contests highlight primary Updated: Jun-13-16 12:00 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A record 3 million people are registered to vote in South Carolina, but don't expect any voting records to be set when voters go to the polls Tuesday in the state primary.
- Mayor: Prayers of Charlestonians are with those in Orlando Updated: Jun-12-16 4:20 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Charleston Mayor John Tecklenburg says the prayers of Charlestonians are with those in Orlando after 50 people were killed there in the worst mass shooting in American history.
- SC Dems: Trump is a 'threat'; withdraw your endorsements Updated: Jun-08-16 5:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top Democrat is calling on elected Republicans to rescind their endorsements of Donald Trump, saying Wednesday that the presumptive GOP nominee is a racist and xenophobe, in part due to his race-based attacks on a Hispanic judge.
- Japanese plutonium arrives in SC, despite Haley's objections Updated: Jun-06-16 8:49 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A shipment of plutonium from Japan arrived Monday at a South Carolina nuclear site, despite objections from Gov. Nikki Haley to her state being used as storage for such materials.
- Haley talks of Trump, Confederate flag ahead of anniversary Updated: Jun-02-16 2:46 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley said Thursday she wishes Donald Trump communicated differently because bad things result from divisive rhetoric, as evidenced by last June's massacre in Charleston.
- SC senators send Georgia gun reciprocity bill to governor Updated: Jun-01-16 9:56 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill aimed at making it easier for South Carolinians with concealed weapon permits to travel back and forth to Georgia received final approval Wednesday after senators ended a filibuster.