- South Carolina Governor signs 20-week abortion ban Updated: May-25-16 5:03 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Republican Gov. Nikki Haley signed legislation Wednesday that immediately outlaws most abortions in South Carolina at 20 weeks beyond fertilization.
- Haley, Gillespie say GOP needs to be more welcoming Updated: May-17-16 7:00 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and Virginia GOP gubernatorial hopeful Ed Gillespie said Tuesday that the Republican Party needs to be more inclusive, listen better to minority groups and have a brighter tone. But the pair steered clear of criticizing presumptive GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump, who has faced strong opposition from some members of his party for bareknuckle style and hardline positions on immigration and Muslims.
- SC Republicans attempt unity message at state convention Updated: May-07-16 3:11 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - After a bruising primary process, South Carolina Republicans - with one very notable exception - are preaching a message of unity as they rally behind Donald Trump.
- The Latest: SC Republicans pick remaining national delegates Updated: May-07-16 1:33 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Latest on the South Carolina Republican Convention (all times local):
- SC's Gov. Haley 'not interested' in vice presidential slot Updated: May-04-16 6:16 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley says she's "not interested" in serving as a vice presidential nominee.
- South Carolina military police on tap for Guantanamo force Updated: May-03-16 3:07 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Military police from the South Carolina Army National Guard have been ordered to prepare for a possible deployment to Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba as early as this fall, a Guard official said Tuesday.
- Port Call: Port envisioned by 2025, Haley wants it yesterday Updated: May-02-16 3:12 pm
RIDGELAND, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley said Monday she expects lawmakers in both South Carolina and Georgia will have to start banking money to help pay for a joint port terminal on the Savannah River, a terminal consultants expect will be needed by 2025 and which Haley said she would've liked to have had yesterday.
- Bills borrowing for schools, roads meet crossover deadline Updated: Apr-30-16 11:44 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Bills to borrow money to repair South Carolina's crumbling roads and public schools are among those clearing Sunday's crossover deadline, while measures not likely to make it include those strengthening penalties for killing a K-9.
- Haley: Feds have left South Carolina in dark on Guantanamo Updated: Apr-28-16 2:02 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley on Thursday criticized the federal government for keeping her in the dark about plans to potentially transfer Guantanamo detainees to South Carolina, telling a U.S. House panel that she has heard no details about what she says could be detrimental for her state.
- South Carolina body camera law not exactly as Haley suggests Updated: Apr-27-16 5:55 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley told a prison inmate this week that state law requires every police officer to wear a body camera, "so if something happens we can see it."