- Farmers look at devastating losses as flood rolls downstream Updated: Oct-09-15 3:19 pm
BRANCHVILLE, South Carolina - Thad Wimberly tugs on a clump of peanuts, shaking off the mud as he cracks the soggy shells to inspect his crop. But all he can do is sigh as his livelihood disintegrates between his fingers.
- The Latest: Repairs to begin soon on I-95 after floods Updated: Oct-09-15 2:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rainstorm that pounded parts of the East Coast (all times local):
- After past opposition, SC delegation now seeks flood aid Updated: Oct-06-15 5:44 pm
WASHINGTON - South Carolina's congressional delegation is vowing to make sure the state gets federal help to recover from the historic flooding from massive rains.
- SC's Tim Scott plays role in GOP race with candidate forums Updated: Oct-03-15 12:52 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - More than 2,000 voters, from college students to those of retirement age, packed a Columbia theater recently to see for themselves what it's like to experience businessman Donald Trump up close and personal.
- Kentucky leads nation in political ad spending in 2015 Updated: Oct-01-15 6:13 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The biggest spenders in Kentucky's competitive race for governor are a pair of Louisville millionaires who want to see a Republican elected as the state's chief executive.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Sep-30-15 4:43 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- SC sees biggest unemployment rate drop in more than 30 years Updated: Sep-18-15 1:54 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina's unemployment rate had its largest one-month decline in more than 30 years during August, a sign the state economy is continuing to gain strength, economists say.
- US effort to close Guantanamo prison still facing roadblocks Updated: Sep-14-15 3:59 am
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration's struggling quest to close the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, is mired in state and federal politics.