- Brazil's impeachment trial will end after Rio Olympics Updated: Jun-30-16 2:51 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The president of Brazil's Senate says the impeachment trial of suspended President Dilma Rousseff is likely to continue past the end of the Olympic Games end in August.
- Brazil official says political crisis won't hit Rio security Updated: Jun-29-16 3:42 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - One of Brazil's top security officials says the political turmoil that has brought repeated changes to key government positions will not affect security at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Rio CEO: Security, not Zika, is biggest concern for Olympics Updated: Jun-28-16 4:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The chief organizer of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics says security is his top concern, well ahead of the Zika virus.
- Delayed velodrome for Rio Olympics almost ready to go Updated: Jun-26-16 3:57 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The most troubled venue for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics - the indoor cycling velodrome - is almost ready to go with the games opening in just under six weeks.
- Brazil acting president, IOC head inspect Olympic Park Updated: Jun-14-16 5:50 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's interim president and the head of the International Olympic Committee reiterated Tuesday their confidence Rio de Janeiro will manage to host a successful games in fewer than two months' time, despite the litany of problems besetting the country.
- Across the world, shock and condemnation at Orlando massacre Updated: Jun-13-16 3:43 pm
From across the world, officials and public figures are expressing condemnation and shock over the Florida mass shooting at the Pulse Orlando nightclub on Sunday, when police say a gunman wielding an assault-type rifle opened fire, killing at least 49 people and wounding dozens.
- Brazil health minister says Zika not a worry for Olympics Updated: Jun-10-16 3:29 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazil's new health minister went on the offensive Friday in a bid to dispel worries about the country's Zika outbreak, which has cast a pall over the upcoming Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Scandal-prone Brazil government casts doubt on impeachment Updated: Jun-09-16 12:04 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - When Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff was impeached and suspended last month, her permanent ouster seemed all but certain.