- Repole in Derby chase with Outwork, son of top sire Uncle Mo Updated: May-05-16 2:47 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Five years ago, Mike Repole was living the dream. He had already made his share of an estimated $4.1 billion fortune from the sale of the company that produced Vitaminwater, and now he had himself a Kentucky Derby favorite with a horse named Uncle Mo. Repole would regale any and all about growing up in Queens, New York, near Aqueduct, heading the track after school, making bets, loving horses.
- Nyquist draws No. 13 post as early 3-1 Kentucky Derby fav Updated: May-04-16 6:53 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Doug O'Neill was all smiles after early 3-1 favorite Nyquist drew the No. 13 post for the 142nd Kentucky Derby.
- 22 horses entered for Kentucky Derby; field limited to 20 Updated: May-04-16 12:30 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Twenty-two horses have been entered for Saturday's Kentucky Derby, two more than the maximum field of 20.
- Dream Team keeps it in Baffert family with Los Alamitos win Updated: May-01-16 9:32 pm
LOS ALAMITOS, California - Dream Team won the $48,691 feature by 3 1/4 lengths for trainer Bob Baffert on closing day of the 12-day spring meet at Los Alamitos on Sunday.
- AP Derby Top 10: Nyquist is so No. 1, California horses rule Updated: Apr-18-16 5:49 pm
Those California horses sure love the Kentucky Derby. And there's not a beach anywhere near Churchill Downs - only a winner's circle, a blanket of roses and a place in the history books.
- Dreamologist wins Las Cienegas Stakes at Santa Anita Updated: Apr-10-16 10:40 pm
ARCADIA, California - Quick Casablanca made a bold move around the final turn and went on to a 2 ¾-length victory in the $100,000 San Juan Capistrano Stakes Sunday on closing day at Santa Anita, giving Hall of Fame trainer Ron McAnally his fourth career win in the race at age 83.
- Kentucky Derby field taking shape after weekend prep races Updated: Apr-10-16 9:06 pm
NEW YORK - In just over an hour, in three races from coast to coast, the field for the Kentucky Derby mostly came into focus.