- Not a great week for Nyquist - horse or hockey player Updated: May-27-16 5:49 pm
It was not the greatest week for Nyquist - horse or hockey player.
- Derby winner Nyquist is sick and won't run in Belmont Updated: May-24-16 4:01 pm
NEW YORK - So much for a rematch in the Belmont Stakes.
- Derby winner Nyquist's trip to Belmont delayed by fever Updated: May-23-16 4:43 pm
NEW YORK - Two days after the first loss of his career, Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist has developed a slight fever, leaving plans temporarily on hold for a rematch with Preakness winner Exaggerator in the Belmont Stakes.
- No kidding: Exaggerator beats Nyquist in Preakness Updated: May-22-16 12:00 am
BALTIMORE - Despite the fog, the rain and an undefeated Kentucky Derby winner to contend with, Hall of Fame jockey Kent Desormeaux knew the best route to the Preakness winner's circle with Exaggerator - stay inside and wait.
- Go Maggie Go wins Black-Eyed Susan Stakes Updated: May-20-16 11:20 pm
BALTIMORE - Coming off a fourth-place finish in the prestigious Kentucky Oaks, Go Maggie Go found her way back into the winner's circle in the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes.
- Preakness 2016: Everyone loves Nyquist, even his rivals Updated: May-20-16 8:20 am
BALTIMORE - Everyone loves Nyquist.
- Sizing up the field for the 141st running of Preakness Updated: May-19-16 2:19 pm
BALTIMORE - A look at the field for the 141st running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course on Saturday (horses listed by post position, with trainer, jockey, analysis, morning-line odds):
- Derby winner Nyquist draws No. 3 post as Preakness favorite Updated: May-18-16 6:56 pm
BALTIMORE - Doug O'Neill couldn't have done any better if he picked Nyquist's post position himself.
- No Triple Crown bump for Kentucky Derby in TV ratings Updated: May-10-16 3:31 pm
NEW YORK - There were high hopes that the popularity of horse racing would be energized a year after American Pharoah won the Triple Crown.
- Derby winner Nyquist heads to Preakness; new rivals await Updated: May-08-16 5:38 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist heads to Baltimore on Monday to prepare for the Preakness, where the undefeated colt could face up to 13 rivals including nine new shooters seeking to derail his Triple Crown bid.
- The Latest: Nyquist sweeps to Derby to stay unbeaten Updated: May-07-16 7:06 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest from the 142th running of the Kentucky Derby from Churchill Downs. (all times local):
- Stanley Cup shows up at Derby favorite's Nyquist barn Updated: May-07-16 11:11 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Nothing like the Stanley Cup showing up on the backstretch at Churchill Downs the morning of the Kentucky Derby.
- Nyquist tries to follow American Pharoah at Kentucky Derby Updated: May-07-16 8:50 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Go ahead and pity Kentucky Derby favorite Nyquist. He has the unenviable task of following in the hoof prints of Triple Crown champion American Pharoah, and so far isn't getting the respect expected for the only undefeated horse in the race.
- Cathryn Sophia wins Kentucky Oaks at Churchill Downs Updated: May-06-16 9:08 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - For all of those dominant victories on Cathryn Sophia's resume, she still needed that signature win to solidify her credentials as one of the nation's best fillies.
- Triple Crown winner thriving in new home at Ashford Stud Updated: May-06-16 3:49 pm
VERSAILLES, Kentucky - American Pharoah is led out of his stone palace of a barn, head up, eyes alert, a little heavier these days but still pretty well sculpted. In a few minutes, the champion will be walked over to the breeding shed, a mere 50 yards away. By now, the Triple Crown winner has the routine down pat.
- Todd Pletcher sends out 2 horses in quest for 2nd Derby win Updated: May-05-16 3:52 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Todd Pletcher, Bob Baffert and Doug O'Neill are the only trainers in this year's Kentucky Derby with previous victories in the race.
- Repole in Derby chase with Outwork, son of top sire Uncle Mo Updated: May-05-16 8:55 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Five years ago, Mike Repole was living the dream. He had already made his share of an estimated $4.1 billion fortune from the sale of the company that produced Vitaminwater, and now he had himself a Kentucky Derby favorite with a horse named Uncle Mo.
- 22 horses entered for Kentucky Derby; field limited to 20 Updated: May-04-16 12:30 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Twenty-two horses have been entered for Saturday's Kentucky Derby, two more than the maximum field of 20.