- Key committee fails to take up California minimum wage bill Updated: Aug-27-15 8:40 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Lawmakers declined Thursday to take up a bill that would raise California's minimum wage and tie future increases to inflation, likely stalling the effort for this year.
- Parole recommended for Charles Manson follower Bruce Davis Updated: Aug-27-15 7:41 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - After 43 years in prison and 30 parole hearings, parole officials on Thursday again decided it is safe to free Charles Manson follower Bruce Davis.
- Nevada, California talk Tahoe traffic fixes at 19th summit Updated: Aug-24-15 6:59 pm
ZEPHYR COVE, Nevada - Officials from both Nevada and California gathered on the shores of Lake Tahoe on Monday to discuss how to deal with the heavy visitor traffic that takes a toll on the lake environment.
- Political watchdog board approves hefty campaign fines Updated: Aug-20-15 7:40 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's political watchdog agency approved large fines Thursday against two state senators and a campaign committee that spent $3.3 million backing Gov. Jerry Brown in 2010.
- California land quickly sinking in drought costs farmers Updated: Aug-20-15 11:35 am
FRESNO, California - Land in Central California's agricultural region is sinking so quickly because of the state's historic drought that it is forcing farmers to spend millions of dollars upgrading irrigation canals and putting roads, bridges and other infrastructure at risk.
- California governor signs 2 bills tied to police misconduct Updated: Aug-11-15 6:36 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown has signed two bills relating to police misconduct in California as debates about the use of excessive force by officers continue across the country.
- AP-GfK poll: Americans favor farmers & food during drought Updated: Aug-03-15 3:16 am
LOS ANGELES - When water gets scarce and the government slaps restrictions on its use, who should be first in line at the spigot? Farmers, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll.
- Newsom has $5.5 million for 2018 California governor's race Updated: Jul-31-15 9:01 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom reports that he has already banked nearly $5.5 million for a possible run for governor that's still more than three years away.
- Study: Shasta Dam expansion feasible but financing unclear Updated: Jul-31-15 5:10 pm
WASHINGTON - A long-awaited study requested by Congress concludes that enlarging Shasta Dam in California by 18.5 feet is technically and economically feasible, though the Bureau of Reclamation declined to make a formal recommendation to move ahead with the project.
- Chicago poised to require breast-feeding rooms at airports Updated: Jul-31-15 5:05 pm
CHICAGO - City Council members recommended Friday that lactation rooms be placed in every terminal at Chicago's two major airports, a move that one alderman said could help make it the nation's "most breast-feeding friendly" city.
- Fallen California police sergeant's service draws thousands Updated: Jul-30-15 6:31 pm
OAKLAND, California - Thousands of mourners attended a public funeral Thursday for a Northern California police officer who was shot and killed during a traffic stop last week.