- Closer Look: Why Illinois budget deal unlikely before 2016 Updated: Nov-22-15 12:12 pm
CHICAGO - Much attention is being paid to an upcoming sit-down between Gov. Bruce Rauner and legislative leaders as Illinois approaches five months without a budget.
- Ex-NFL player makes Dem primary for US Senate a 3-way race Updated: Nov-17-15 2:37 pm
HARVEY, Illinois - A former professional football player-turned-Illinois lawmaker has joined the Democratic race for U.S. Senate, setting up a three-way contest to take on Republican Mark Kirk.
- Governor delays budget summit because Madigan can't attend Updated: Nov-14-15 8:37 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Gov. Bruce Rauner on Saturday postponed next week's highly touted budget meeting after House Speaker Michael Madigan said he couldn't attend because of a family matter, marking a setback in what would have been the first meeting between the governor and legislative leaders in months.
- Rauner proposes open, then closed, budget negotiation Updated: Nov-13-15 6:52 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The highly anticipated, publicly monitored budget summit among Illinois' feuding leaders should be - mostly - closed to the public, Gov. Bruce Rauner said Friday.
- AP: Illinois Democratic superdelegates lining up for Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 2:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention next summer appear to be lining up behind Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
- The Latest: House adopts disbursing tax money with Rauner OK Updated: Nov-10-15 6:20 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - The latest on legislative action in the state Capitol as the budget impasse enters its fifth month without a resolution:
- Rauner says union-opposed reforms 'critical' to budget deal Updated: Oct-26-15 8:37 pm
ROCK ISLAND, Illinois - Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner says he doesn't expect a budget agreement to come out of a planned meeting next month with legislative leaders.