- Recent state laws on domestic abuse, gun rights Updated: Feb-06-16 8:13 am
Specifics of the state laws passed during the last two years that are intended to make it harder for people convicted or suspected of domestic violence to access firearms:
- Washington Senate votes to oust transportation secretary Updated: Feb-06-16 1:20 am
OLYMPIA, Washington - The state Senate on Friday rejected the gubernatorial appointment of Transportation Secretary Lynn Peterson, ousting her from the job she has held since shortly after Gov. Jay Inslee took office in 2013.
- Obama signs disaster declaration for December storms Updated: Feb-02-16 10:38 pm
SEATTLE - President Barack Obama has signed a disaster declaration for damage done by December wind and rain storms, making federal assistance available in 10 Washington counties.
- Judge strikes down Tim Eyman's latest anti-tax initiative Updated: Jan-21-16 6:48 pm
SEATTLE - A judge struck down Tim Eyman's latest tax-limiting measure Thursday, finding among other problems that it was a thinly disguised effort to propose a constitutional amendment - which can't be done by initiative in Washington.
- The Latest: Inslee pleased with ruling striking down I-1366 Updated: Jan-21-16 3:59 pm
SEATTLE - The latest developments on a judge's ruling about Initiative 1366 (All times local).
- Bill would prohibit state agency from setting carbon cap Updated: Jan-19-16 6:32 pm
SEATTLE - A new bill takes aim at Gov. Jay Inslee's carbon policies by prohibiting state regulators from adopting rules that limit greenhouse gas emissions without legislative direction.
- Washington, NOAA launch next step of shellfish initiative Updated: Jan-15-16 8:57 pm
SEATTLE - Gov. Jay Inslee on Friday renewed the state's commitment to protecting Washington's lucrative shellfish resources.
- Obama signs disaster declaration for November storms Updated: Jan-15-16 8:37 pm
SEATTLE - President Barack Obama has signed a disaster declaration for damage done by storms throughout the state in November, making federal assistance available in 16 Washington counties.
- Inslee requests federal disaster assistance for fall storm Updated: Jan-08-16 6:56 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee has asked President Barack Obama to approve his request for a major disaster declaration.