- AP Exclusive: Dozens escaped from mental hospital since 2013 Updated: May-03-16 6:51 pm
LAKEWOOD, Washington - When a man accused of torturing a woman to death broke out of Washington state's largest mental hospital with another patient in early April, officials called it a rare occurrence and cited only two other escapes in the past seven years.
- 3 leading candidates vie to replace retiring Rep. McDermott Updated: May-01-16 11:03 am
SEATTLE - The three leading candidates to replace U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott are pushing to distinguish themselves in Washington's deeply liberal 7th Congressional District.
- Governor: Questions remain about Washington state auditor Updated: Apr-27-16 4:04 am
TACOMA, Washington - The first Washington state official indicted in 35 years escaped conviction at his five-week federal fraud trial, but that doesn't mean others in state government are any happier that he remains in office.
- The Latest: Governor awaiting next move in auditor case Updated: Apr-26-16 7:41 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The Latest on the federal fraud trial of Washington State Auditor Troy Kelley (all times local):
- Former sportscaster Tony Ventrella to run for Congress Updated: Apr-25-16 1:43 pm
SEATTLE - Former Seattle sportscaster Tony Ventrella has announced a bid for Congress in the 8th Congressional District, challenging Republican incumbent U.S. Rep. Dave Reichert.
- AG's office admits flawed advice in early prison releases Updated: Apr-07-16 7:57 pm
SEATTLE - The state Attorney General's Office said Thursday it erred in 2012 when a former state attorney told the Department of Corrections that a problem with the early release of prisoners didn't need to be addressed immediately.