- GOP convention wraps up Saturday Updated: May-21-16 2:25 pm
PASCO, Washington - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Chris Vance told the state Republican Party convention on Saturday that it is time to oust Democratic U.S. Sen. Patty Murray after four terms.
- State Party: Obama in Seattle next month for Inslee event Updated: May-20-16 12:49 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - State Democratic Party officials say that President Barack Obama will be in Seattle next month for a private fundraiser for Gov. Jay Inslee.
- Plenty of Cruz supporters remain at state GOP convention Updated: May-19-16 6:39 pm
PASCO, Washington - Jennifer Fetters of Bellevue worked a booth promoting former presidential candidate Ted Cruz at the Washington State Republican Party convention on Thursday - one of the many supporters of the conservative senator from Texas who continued to push his candidacy weeks after Cruz suspended his campaign.
- Candidate filing week begins Monday in Washington state Updated: May-16-16 7:00 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Candidate filing week begins Monday in Washington state. Anyone who wants to run for local or state office must register by Friday afternoon. In most cases they will fill out a form and pay a fee to the secretary of state's office.
- Seattleites help Syrian refugees here and overseas Updated: May-14-16 3:05 am
SEATTLE - Su Olsen did not know where she was going, though she was leaving in a week. It would be somewhere in Greece, she knew that much. The 70-year-old jewelry maker from Bainbridge Island had been so moved upon reading about the refugees flooding there from Syria and elsewhere in the Middle East that she decided she had to help, in person, the Seattle Times reported (http://bit.ly/23HP3Bb).
- Reaction to President Obama's transgender directive Updated: May-13-16 6:00 pm
Below are the reactions of state leaders, parents and students to guidance from President Barack Obama's administration's directive that schools must permit transgender students to use restrooms consistent with their gender identity.
- Inslee denounces Trump ahead of rallies in Washington Updated: May-06-16 8:05 pm
SEATTLE - A day before presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald J. Trump's scheduled campaign stops in Washington, Gov. Jay Inslee joined U.S. Rep. Adam Smith and community leaders to denounce the candidate's rhetoric as dangerous for women and minorities.
- AP Exclusive: Dozens escaped from mental hospital since 2013 Updated: May-03-16 6:51 pm
LAKEWOOD, Washington - When a man accused of torturing a woman to death broke out of Washington state's largest mental hospital with another patient in early April, officials called it a rare occurrence and cited only two other escapes in the past seven years.
- 3 leading candidates vie to replace retiring Rep. McDermott Updated: May-01-16 11:03 am
SEATTLE - The three leading candidates to replace U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott are pushing to distinguish themselves in Washington's deeply liberal 7th Congressional District.
- Governor: Questions remain about Washington state auditor Updated: Apr-27-16 4:04 am
TACOMA, Washington - The first Washington state official indicted in 35 years escaped conviction at his five-week federal fraud trial, but that doesn't mean others in state government are any happier that he remains in office.
- The Latest: Governor awaiting next move in auditor case Updated: Apr-26-16 7:41 pm
TACOMA, Washington - The Latest on the federal fraud trial of Washington State Auditor Troy Kelley (all times local):
- Former sportscaster Tony Ventrella to run for Congress Updated: Apr-25-16 1:43 pm
SEATTLE - Former Seattle sportscaster Tony Ventrella has announced a bid for Congress in the 8th Congressional District, challenging Republican incumbent U.S. Rep. Dave Reichert.