- Martinez to stump for Washington gubernatorial candidate Updated: Jun-25-16 6:11 am
SANTA FE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez is traveling to Washington to campaign for Republican gubernatorial candidate Bill Bryant.
- Obama tells Democratic donors 'it's up to you' on gun laws Updated: Jun-25-16 12:09 am
SEATTLE - President Barack Obama has told Democratic donors in Washington state that "it's up to you" after the failure to move ahead with gun legislation in the wake of the Orlando shootings.
- Oil train protesters briefly disrupt Obama speech Updated: Jun-24-16 11:16 pm
SEATTLE - Protesters objecting to crude oil shipments on Northwest railways briefly interrupted President Barack Obama's remarks in Seattle on Friday night.
- The Latest: Oil train protesters disrupt Obama speech Updated: Jun-24-16 10:33 pm
SEATTLE - The Latest on President Barack Obama's fundraising trip to Seattle (all times local):
- Obama: Young people need right tools to start new businesses Updated: Jun-24-16 3:22 pm
PALO ALTO, California - More than half the global population is under age 30, President Barack Obama said Friday, and it is vital to make sure they have the right tools to start new businesses.
- President Obama's visit to Seattle could mess up traffic Updated: Jun-24-16 10:57 am
SEATTLE - President Barack Obama will be in Seattle Friday for a private fundraiser for Gov. Jay Inslee at the Washington State Convention Center. Drivers beware: the traffic could be crazy.
- President Obama to visit Seattle Friday Updated: Jun-23-16 8:00 pm
SEATTLE - President Barack Obama will visit Seattle Friday to attend fundraisers for Gov. Jay Inslee and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
- Union Pacific to resume oil trains in Columbia River Gorge Updated: Jun-22-16 8:48 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Heavy-duty trains with thousands of gallons of crude oil in tow will soon begin rolling through the scenic Columbia River Gorge for the first time since a fiery derailment in early June.
- Inslee visits US House floor during gun debate sit-in Updated: Jun-22-16 6:07 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee was on the U.S. House floor as Democrats staged a sit-in to try and force a vote in that chamber on gun control measures.
- Governor says Spokane Tribe can build off-reservation casino Updated: Jun-17-16 1:53 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The Spokane Tribe of Indians hailed a decision by Gov. Jay Inslee that the tribe can proceed with a big casino project near Fairchild Air Force Base despite massive opposition from civic leaders in the region.
- Leaders ask Oregon, Washington governors to ban oil-by-train Updated: Jun-14-16 9:41 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Portland and Multnomah County leaders on Tuesday urged the governors of Oregon and Washington to push Congress for a permanent ban on oil-by-rail in the wake of a fiery train derailment along the Columbia River.
- Open race could yield first Republican treasurer since 1956 Updated: Jun-12-16 4:54 pm
SEATTLE - Washington's treasurer James McIntire won't try for re-election this fall after two terms in Olympia, sparking what could be a competitive race for the financial office won by Democrats in every election after 1952.