- NHL teams' focus turns to 'Big Fish' in free agency: Stamkos Updated: Jun-26-16 7:29 pm
BUFFALO, New York - As team executives began gathering on the arena floor an hour before the start of the NHL draft's second round Saturday morning, a video highlighting former No. 1 selections began playing on the big-screen video boards.
- NHL Draft: McPhee grows emotional once son picked by Oilers Updated: Jun-25-16 5:03 pm
BUFFALO, New York - As a longtime NHL scout and general manager, George McPhee has had a hand in providing opportunities to countless prospects at the NHL draft.
- Lightning not giving up on possibility of re-signing Stamkos Updated: Jun-24-16 11:41 pm
BUFFALO, New York - With time running out, Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Steve Yzerman isn't ready to give up on the possibility of re-signing captain Steven Stamkos.
- Lightning's Ryan Callahan has hip surgery, out 5 months Updated: Jun-21-16 7:18 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Tampa Bay Lightning forward Ryan Callahan has undergone surgery to repair a labral tear in his right hip and will be sidelined about five months, which means he will not play for Team USA in the World Cup of Hockey.
- The Great One's heading Down Under to promote hockey Updated: Jun-18-16 2:00 pm
Having played an influential role in popularizing hockey across America's southwest, Wayne Gretzky is turning his attention to a new frontier.
- The Great One among those to pay respects to Mr. Hockey Updated: Jun-14-16 10:11 pm
DETROIT - Gordie Howe's casket was guided down a hallway, flanked by some of the biggest names in sports: Wayne Gretzky, Scotty Bowman and Al Kaline.
- Crosby to Daley in another emotional Stanley Cup handoff Updated: Jun-13-16 9:20 am
The decision of who gets to hoist the Stanley Cup in triumph after the team captain is sometimes an easy one, such as when a team has a veteran near the end of his career who hasn't won a championship before.
- Before 99, the NHL had No. 9: 'Mr. Hockey,' Gordie Howe Updated: Jun-11-16 12:20 pm
Before there was 99, there was only one No. 9.
- The Latest: Thurman Thomas grew up a fan of Howe in Houston Updated: Jun-10-16 4:51 pm
The Latest on the death of Hall of Fame hockey player Gordie Howe (all times EDT):
- Opportunity trumps relationships as assistants move around Updated: Jun-10-16 9:18 am
When Kirk Muller decided not to return as an assistant with the St. Louis Blues, he started wondering about his next move. Before Muller could even start planning, interested NHL teams kept calling.
- Lightning hire Todd Richards as assistant coach Updated: Jun-07-16 2:26 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The Tampa Bay Lightning hired Todd Richards on Tuesday as an assistant on coach Jon Cooper's staff.
- Steven Stamkos says he'd like to remain with Lightning Updated: May-27-16 7:09 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Steven Stamkos hopes he hasn't played his last game for the Tampa Bay Lightning.