- Ovechkin reaches 30 goals again as Capitals beat Flyers Updated: Feb-07-16 4:31 pm
WASHINGTON - Matt Niskanen scored a goal that wowed the Washington Capitals' bench, and Alex Ovechkin scored an atypical goal that put him in elite company in hockey history.
- Oshie, Ovechkin convert in shootout; Capitals top Devils 3-2 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:43 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A day after being called up from the minor leagues, Paul Carey got the Washington Capitals to overtime with his first NHL goal.
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores winner in return vs. Islanders Updated: Feb-04-16 11:26 pm
WASHINGTON - Braden Holtby began feeling like he was playing the first game after a summer off, and Alex Ovechkin needed a few shifts to get back into a rhythm. Once they got going, the Washington Capitals were back to normal.
- Huberdeau leads Panthers past Caps 5-2 for 4th straight win Updated: Feb-02-16 11:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Beating the defending Stanley Cup and Eastern Conference champions, along with the top team in the NHL this season, says something about the upstart Florida Panthers. The way they've done it says even more.
- Nashville puts on good show for NHL All-Star weekend Updated: Feb-01-16 8:14 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Music City waited 18 years to host the NHL All-Star game.
- Backstrom, Ovechkin power 1st-place Caps past Blue Jackets Updated: Jan-19-16 11:30 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A refreshed Braden Holtby handled an early push from Columbus until Washington's high-powered offense revved up.
- Holtby expected to be OK after leaving game with dehydration Updated: Jan-17-16 9:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Goaltender Braden Holtby is expected to be OK after leaving the Washington Capitals' game against the New York Rangers on Sunday because of dehydration.
- Williams has hat trick; Capitals bounce back, beat Rangers Updated: Jan-17-16 9:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Justin Williams remembered that the last time he recorded a hat trick was 2006 when he played for the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Kane and Johnson help Sabres beat Capitals and Holtby, 4-1 Updated: Jan-16-16 11:25 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Phil Varone barely slept last night and Tim Schaller hadn't scored in more than a year. Together, they helped the Buffalo Sabres hand Washington goalie Braden Holtby a rare loss.
- Kuznetsov shines, Capitals beat Canucks 4-1 Updated: Jan-14-16 11:11 pm