- Capitals consider season a 'failure' after second-round exit Updated: May-12-16 4:58 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Alex Ovechkin looked up at the clock on the scoreboard and knew exactly what he would've been doing if the Washington Capitals were preparing for a Game 7. Instead, he was left to address another early playoff exit that has become an unwelcome rite of spring.
- Penguins edge Capitals 4-3 in OT to win series in 6 games Updated: May-11-16 1:23 am
- Ovechkin a force as Capitals beat Penguins to stay alive Updated: May-07-16 11:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Alex Ovechkin's teammates watched him turn his game up to a whole new level. Then the Washington Capitals followed him all the way to Game 6.
- Benn, Holtby, Kane are Ted Lindsay Award finalists Updated: May-06-16 7:08 pm
TORONTO - Dallas forward Jamie Benn, Washington goalie Braden Holtby and Chicago forward Patrick Kane are the finalists for the Ted Lindsay Award as the NHL's most outstanding player.
- Sacrificing body to block shots crucial in NHL playoffs Updated: May-06-16 2:52 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The only good thing about taking a puck to the head from the man with the NHL's hardest shot is just how fast it happens.
- Lesser names hogging spotlight for Penguins, Capitals Updated: May-05-16 5:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - The well-traveled defenseman filling in for his team's most indispensable player scored the first goal. The seemingly ageless center closing in on his 40th birthday scored the second. And the winger who makes a living trying to create space for Pittsburgh captain Sidney Crosby delivered the overtime winner that brought the Penguins within one victory of a spot in the Eastern Conference finals.