- Senate panel votes to hold website in contempt over sex ads Updated: Feb-10-16 4:38 pm
WASHINGTON - A Senate panel voted on Wednesday to hold the classified advertising website Backpage.com in civil contempt for failing to comply with a congressional subpoena into how it screens ads for possible sex trafficking.
- Prescription drug database up again in Missouri House Updated: Feb-08-16 3:53 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - As opioid overdoses increasingly draw attention in Congress and statehouses across the U.S., Missouri lawmakers are again considering a proposal for a prescription monitoring program that would bring the state in line with all others.
- Missouri WWII veteran says he was exposed to mustard gas Updated: Feb-07-16 3:01 pm
ST. LOUIS - In the final days of World War II, an 18-year-old Army private from Missouri named Arla Wayne Harrell was sent to Camp Crowder in the southwest corner of the state, where he said he was twice exposed to mustard gas.
- Bipartisan probe faults gov't with migrant child abuse Updated: Jan-28-16 4:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Migrant children in the government's care fell prey to human trafficking after the Health and Human Services Department failed to protect them, according to a bipartisan congressional investigation released Thursday.
- Florida Democrats have clear choice in race to replace Rubio Updated: Jan-28-16 11:28 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Democrats must decide whether their best shot at winning the Senate seat now held by Marco Rubio is a liberal firebrand who has said the GOP health plan was to hope people die quickly, or a moderate Democrat who often votes with Republicans.
- Clinton's response to Sanders has some Democrats worried Updated: Jan-22-16 4:17 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton has questioned Bernie Sanders' electability. She's criticized his plans for health care, foreign policy and Wall Street. And she's tagged him with flip-flopping on gun control.