- Conservatives warn IRS could target gay marriage opponents Updated: Jul-16-15 4:01 pm
WASHINGTON - A brief exchange during Supreme Court arguments in the same-sex marriage case has exploded into a full-blown crisis for some conservatives who warn that the IRS could start revoking the tax-exempt status of religious groups that oppose gay marriage.
- 3 Supreme Court justices maintain substantial stock holdings Updated: Jul-02-15 2:49 pm
WASHINGTON - New personal financial disclosures from the Supreme Court show that Chief Justice John Roberts and two other justices are maintaining significant investments in individual companies' stock.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jun-30-15 6:10 am
Crunch time in Greece as bailout due to expire, IMF loan due with no deal in sight
- Supreme Court rules Texas abortion clinics can remain open Updated: Jun-29-15 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court acted Monday to keep Texas' 19 abortion clinics open, amid a legal fight that threatens to close more than half of them.
- Supreme Court upholds use of controversial execution drug Updated: Jun-29-15 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Trading sharp words, a deeply divided Supreme Court upheld the use of a controversial drug in lethal-injection executions Monday, even as two dissenting justices said for the first time they think it's "highly likely" the death penalty itself is unconstitutional.