- High court sides with property owners in wetlands case Updated: May-31-16 3:17 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is making it easier for landowners to bring a court challenge when federal regulators try to restrict property development due to concerns about water pollution.
- Breyer says Supreme Court not diminished with only 8 members Updated: May-23-16 9:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Justice Stephen Breyer said Monday that the Supreme Court has not been diminished by having only eight members since the death of Justice Antonin Scalia in February.
- Supreme Court, down by one, finds it can be hard to decide Updated: May-17-16 7:05 am
WASHINGTON - The eight Supreme Court justices say they'll take care of business until a new ninth justice joins them. Their actions say otherwise.
- Justices give narrow win to Internet site in false data case Updated: May-16-16 3:09 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday handed a narrow victory to an Internet search firm that was sued for posting false information about people, ruling that consumers could bring legal challenges only if the errors caused actual harm.
- Wyoming judge facing ouster over stance on same-sex marriage Updated: May-09-16 8:37 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Some current and former Wyoming lawmakers as well as national religious groups are supporting a municipal judge who faces a dismissal petition before the Wyoming Supreme Court for saying she would not preside over same-sex marriages.
- Justices uphold extortion conspiracy conviction Updated: May-02-16 12:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court has upheld the conspiracy conviction of a former Baltimore police officer for his role in a repair shop extortion scheme.