- Boston RHP Buchholz done for year; health key to 2016 option Updated: Aug-28-15 8:08 pm
NEW YORK - Boston pitcher Clay Buchholz is done for the season because of a strained flexor muscle in his right elbow, and his health is the key to whether the Red Sox pick up the option on his 2016 contract.
- Ortiz's 492nd among 4 Red Sox HRs in 6-4 win over Indians Updated: Aug-19-15 10:38 pm
- Red Sox bring in ex-Tigers boss Dombrowski to run club Updated: Aug-19-15 8:36 pm
BOSTON - New Red Sox president of baseball operations Dave Dombrowski thought enough of the team to pick Boston over other suitors.
- Red Sox hire Dombrowski as president; GM Cherington is out Updated: Aug-18-15 11:33 pm
BOSTON - On their way to a third last-place finish in four seasons, the Boston Red Sox shook up their front office on Tuesday night by hiring Dave Dombrowski as the new president of baseball operations and saying goodbye to general manager Ben Cherington.
- Tigers SS Jose Iglesias OK with role in dugout scrap Updated: Aug-08-15 6:38 pm
DETROIT - A day after he was involved in a dugout scrap with a teammate, Detroit Tigers shortstop Jose Iglesias said he was fine with his role in the altercation.
- Tigers promote David Chadd to assistant general manager Updated: Aug-07-15 6:23 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers have promoted David Chadd to assistant general manager.
- Kinsler hits 2-run homer in ninth, Tigers top Royals 8-6 Updated: Aug-06-15 5:51 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers are ready to admit it.
- Dombrowski says there were no contract talks with Tigers Updated: Aug-05-15 8:44 pm
DETROIT - Dave Dombrowski says there had been no talks with Tigers ownership about a new contract, so as the end of the season drew closer, he began to have doubts about his future in Detroit.
- Dombrowski out as Tigers' president, GM; Al Avila takes over Updated: Aug-04-15 11:06 pm
DETROIT - The end of Dave Dombrowski's tenure in Detroit came suddenly and unexpectedly - like so many of the moves he made to build the Tigers into an American League powerhouse.