- AP NewsBreak: PBS 'Hamilton' to have 15 minutes of show Updated: Jun-23-16 8:48 pm
NEW YORK - Time has nearly run out to see the original "Hamilton" cast on Broadway, but a PBS special this fall on the Tony Award-winning musical will feature at least 15 minutes of performance footage with creator Lin-Manuel Miranda and his team.
- McCartney, Gaga sign letter to Congress about gun violence Updated: Jun-23-16 12:42 pm
NEW YORK - Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga, Barbra Streisand, Billy Joel and others have signed an open letter from Billboard magazine to Congress about stopping gun violence in America.
- Next out: Leslie Odom Jr. to exit 'Hamilton' in July Updated: Jun-19-16 4:31 pm
NEW YORK - A week after winning a best leading actor Tony Award, Leslie Odom Jr. has announced he will leave the hit Broadway musical "Hamilton," joining key principals out the door next month.
- Phillipa Soo of 'Hamilton' to star in 'Amelie' musical Updated: Jun-17-16 4:10 pm
NEW YORK - Tony Award-nominee and "Hamilton" star Phillipa Soo has a new whimsical gig lined up - she'll lead a musical stage version of the film "Amelie" that hopes to land on Broadway in 2017.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda leaving 'Hamilton' July 9; vows to return Updated: Jun-16-16 11:42 pm
NEW YORK - The news that no die-hard "Hamilton" fan - or anyone who hasn't seen the Broadway smash yet - wants to hear has arrived: Lin-Manuel Miranda, its creator and star, is leaving the show this summer. But he promises to return "again and again."
- 'Hamilton' trio to accept National Archives Foundation award Updated: Jun-16-16 6:58 am
WASHINGTON - The creator and star of the musical "Hamilton" will appear alongside two other creative forces of the Broadway smash at the National Archives Foundation's upcoming annual gala.
- Broadway stars to record song to benefit nightclub victims Updated: Jun-15-16 3:51 pm
NEW YORK - Dozens of Broadway stars horrified by the Orlando nightclub shooting have lent their voices to recording a new version of the iconic 1965 song "What the World Needs Now is Love," with all proceeds going to help the LGBT Center of Central Florida.
- Wesleyan creates scholarship honoring 'Hamilton' stars Updated: Jun-15-16 1:56 pm
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - Wesleyan University has established a scholarship honoring alumni Lin-Manuel Miranda and Thomas Kail, the creative forces behind the Broadway smash "Hamilton."
- Johnson, Hart say they really were having that much fun Updated: Jun-15-16 1:20 pm
NEW YORK - On their first day shooting "Central Intelligence," their new spy-themed action comedy, Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart were given an extremely difficult scene.
- Tonys audience largest since 2001, viewers up by 2.2 million Updated: Jun-13-16 5:34 pm
NEW YORK - The wild popularity of "Hamilton" on Broadway translated into huge bump in ratings for the Tony Awards - the CBS' telecast on Sunday beat last year's audience by more than 2 million viewers.
- Hamilton books high on Amazon best-seller list Updated: Jun-13-16 2:37 pm
NEW YORK - The day after "Hamilton" won 11 Tony Awards, books related to the musical are also thriving.
- Top Tony moments: Miranda's tearful sonnet, Corden's antics Updated: Jun-13-16 2:05 pm
NEW YORK - As presenter Barbra Streisand noted, Tony night was "tinged with sorrow" - and she wasn't the only one making reference to the horrific Orlando, Florida, shootings during the ceremony. But the night was also a celebration of the power of theater to bring joy. And there much joy for the cast and creators of the wildly popular "Hamilton," which won a whopping 11 Tonys.
- Diversity, persistence and tending nonprofits win at Tonys Updated: Jun-13-16 12:42 pm
NEW YORK - Five things to note following the Tony Awards on Sunday night:
- 'Hamilton' wins 11 Tonys but fails to break record Updated: Jun-13-16 8:28 am
NEW YORK - "Hamilton," the hip-hop stage biography of Alexander Hamilton, won the 2016 Tony Award for best new musical, capping an emotional night in which many in the Broadway community rallied to embrace the LGBT community after a shooting at a gay Florida nightclub.
- 'Hamilton' takes 11 Tony Awards, falls short of tying record Updated: Jun-13-16 12:05 am
NEW YORK - The Latest on the Tony Awards (all times Eastern Daylight Time):
- Tony Awards dedicated to Orlando shooting victims Updated: Jun-12-16 2:09 pm
NEW YORK - Sunday evening's Tony Awards have been dedicated to those affected by the Orlando nightclub shooting that killed at least 50 people.
- Interest in Hamilton sites grows in wake of musical Updated: Jun-11-16 10:52 am
WOODLAND PARK, New Jersey - Want to see Hamilton? Nothing easier.
- Director Thomas Kail on how the best idea won at 'Hamilton' Updated: Jun-01-16 1:08 pm
NEW YORK - Director Thomas Kail had a free night in New York a few days ago and went to see "The Phantom of the Opera" for the first time.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda, Emily Blunt board 'Mary Poppins' sequel Updated: May-31-16 3:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - Move over, Julie Andrews, there's a new Mary Poppins in town.