- Military spouses struggle to find jobs Updated: May-25-16 12:04 am
WASHINGTON - Military spouses struggle to find jobs and are more likely to work for less pay or in positions below their education level, spurring unemployment and other costs of as much as $1 billion a year, according to a study.
- Politicians help launch mental health awareness campaign Updated: May-23-16 12:59 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire officials are joining Michelle Obama, Richard Gere and Prince Harry in encouraging residents to care for their mental health and learn the signs of emotional distress.
- Fewer kids could receive free school meals under House bill Updated: May-18-16 6:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Fewer students would receive free and reduced-price meals at school under legislation that Republicans pushed through a House committee Wednesday.
- Obamas welcome leaders, celebrities to Nordic State Dinner Updated: May-13-16 11:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Famous people and people just famous-for-Washington scored coveted invitations to Friday night's White House state dinner honoring the leaders of Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Denmark and Norway.
- Michelle Obama wears Naeem Khan to Nordic state dinner Updated: May-13-16 7:59 pm
WASHINGTON - Michelle Obama stood out in a sea of black tuxedos at Friday night's Nordic Summit dinner, wearing a blush-colored, off-the-shoulder, floor-length gown.
- The Latest: Michelle Obama wears Naeem Khan to state dinner Updated: May-13-16 7:40 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the White House state dinner for Nordic leaders:
- Obama to world: Be more like the Nordics Updated: May-13-16 1:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Democrats may argue over whether places like Denmark and Norway are model societies. President Barack Obama is sure.
- Alaska's governor reports receiving interesting gifts Updated: May-09-16 8:23 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - When you're governor, you get swag - gifts that are protocol from other government officials or pleasantries from people you meet as part of your travels or duties.
- High school girls mentoring program impacting community Updated: May-08-16 10:31 am
OPELIKA, Alabama - Gunshots rang out outside the window at Bennett's Trailer Park in Opelika. Phone in hand, 911 was dialed.
- Carnegie Hall celebrates 125 years and counting Updated: May-06-16 6:43 am
NEW YORK - James Taylor thought back four decades to his Carnegie Hall debut and said it was "the sort of cultural sign" that he had made it to a certain level of stardom.
- Obama challenges Americans to give back to vets, families Updated: May-05-16 8:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Taking a cue from his wife, President Barack Obama challenged Americans on Thursday to consider how they might give back to those who have served in the military and their families.
- Malia Obama to enter Harvard in 2017 after taking gap year Updated: May-02-16 7:52 am
WASHINGTON - A year off between high school and college is becoming a popular choice for U.S. students and it has caught the eye of President Barack Obama's daughter, Malia. The White House says the high school senior will enter Harvard in 2017, not later this year as had been widely expected.
- Raimondo to celebrate College Signing Day in Providence Updated: May-01-16 1:03 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Gov. Gina Raimondo is planning to visit a Providence high school to celebrate College Signing Day with graduating seniors.
- President Obama celebrates jazz at the White House Updated: Apr-30-16 1:17 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama are celebrating International Jazz Day a day early with a concert at the White House.
- Boom! Queen & Harry answer Obamas' Invictus Games challenge Updated: Apr-29-16 3:43 pm
LONDON - It helps to have friends in high places when you're promoting an athletic event.
- Obamas, Bidens to kick off USO comedy show next week Updated: Apr-28-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are joining their wives next week for a USO comedy show in observance of Military Appreciation Month.
- US Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad comfortable speaking out Updated: Apr-27-16 4:47 pm
NEW YORK - First lady Michelle Obama wrapped up her speech to dozens of U.S. athletes to mark 100 days before the Rio Games and immediately headed over to a temporary court set up in the middle of Times Square.
- Michelle Obama encourages New York students to reach higher Updated: Apr-26-16 7:36 pm
NEW YORK - High school seniors on their way to college were feted by U.S. first lady Michelle Obama and a host of celebrities on Tuesday as she encouraged them to make the most of their college experiences, get involved in campus life and ask for help when they need it.