- Long-time prosecutor who investigated Winston is retiring Updated: Aug-31-15 2:32 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Florida prosecutor who investigated numerous state politicians and conducted a high-profile probe into rape allegations against Jameis Winston is ending his lengthy career.
- GOP Senate candidates slam Obama, "Washington Republicans" Updated: Aug-29-15 2:01 pm
TAMPA, Florida - They railed against the Obama administration's foreign policy. They scolded "Washington Republicans." And they decried the $18 trillion national debt and the dysfunction of a Congress that cannot get anything done.
- Florida Gov. Scott: State nearly out of money to lure jobs Updated: Aug-20-15 4:08 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Gov. Rick Scott, reigniting a budget fight with the Republican-controlled Florida Legislature, says the state is nearly out of money to lure companies to Florida.
- Actions speak louder than words for Scott's political future Updated: Aug-20-15 5:40 am
- Planned Parenthood Florida says it will resume abortions Updated: Aug-19-15 4:53 pm
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Planned Parenthood said Wednesday that three of its Florida clinics will resume performing first-trimester abortions, although state health officials warn they are still investigating the organization.
- Cuban burger helps Florida man nab grill star crown Updated: Aug-16-15 9:52 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - It all came down to the Cuban Burger. That's the mouthwatering creation that central Floridian Jose Juarez whipped up to earn the title "America's New Grill Star" on ABC's "Live with Kelly and Michael."
- Tab to protect visiting governors and state officials rising Updated: Aug-14-15 7:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The cost to Florida taxpayers to provide around-the-clock security for visiting governors and other officials jumped in the past year, partly because of high-profile Republicans who were in the state to campaign for Gov. Rick Scott.
- State investigating threat against Attorney General Bondi Updated: Aug-14-15 5:01 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida law enforcement officers provided around-the-clock security for Attorney General Pam Bondi for six weeks this year due to a threat that is still under investigation.
- Florida activates price gouging hotline for 5 counties Updated: Aug-07-15 11:32 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Attorney General Pam Bondi has activated the state's price gouging hotline for people living in five counties affected by severe weather and flooding.
- Board allows All Aboard Florida to issue bonds Updated: Aug-05-15 10:43 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Members of a Florida bond-financing board Wednesday night unanimously gave permission for a private company to issue $1.75 billion in tax-exempt bonds to build a passenger rail from Miami to Orlando.
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Aug-05-15 12:49 pm
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
- Florida GOP moves date of presidential summit to November Updated: Aug-04-15 6:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Republicans, seeking to push the battleground state into the national limelight, announced Tuesday they are holding a presidential candidates' summit in November.