- Struggling Harvey goes silent after Mets' 7-4 loss to Nats Updated: May-24-16 11:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Matt Harvey's latest performance brought up many questions, most of which centered upon his future in the New York Mets' rotation.
- Strasburg stays perfect as Nats beat Harvey and Mets 7-4 Updated: May-24-16 11:12 pm
WASHINGTON - As an unbeaten pitcher for a first-place team, Stephen Strasburg is at the top of his game.
- Happy birthday, Bartbino! 'Big Sexy' Colon hits the big 4-3 Updated: May-24-16 3:51 am
NEW YORK - Watching someone wait has rarely been so amusing.
- Nats' Gonzalez has worst outing of season in loss to Mets Updated: May-24-16 12:32 am
WASHINGTON - Nationals starter Gio Gonzalez felt as though nothing he threw had anything behind it, and the New York Mets took advantage.
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats Updated: May-22-16 5:35 pm
MIAMI - Giancarlo Stanton singled, put the ball in play twice and took some pitches off the plate, which constituted a sign of progress for the Miami Marlins' slumping lineup.
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 Updated: May-22-16 5:19 pm
MIAMI - Even when Max Scherzer eases up on the strikeouts, he can be plenty tough. Just ask the Miami Marlins.
- Unbeaten Strasburg fans 10, Nationals hammer Harvey, Mets Updated: May-19-16 11:41 pm
NEW YORK - A few years ago, as Stephen Strasburg was outpitched by an emerging Mets ace, fans at Citi Field memorably taunted the young Washington star by chanting "Harvey's better! Harvey's better!"
- MLB chief: Science may be behind increased drug positives Updated: May-19-16 4:23 pm
NEW YORK - Improved science could be a reason behind baseball's increase in positive drug tests.
- Bonds: Harper should diversify his game to adapt to walks Updated: May-16-16 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - When pitchers were intentionally walking Barry Bonds more than anyone else in baseball history, his father had a simple message for him.
- Scherzer has 20 Ks, ties MLB record as Nats top Tigers 3-2 Updated: May-12-16 12:40 am
WASHINGTON - Max Scherzer has thrown two no-hitters, come within one strike of a perfect game and met just about every expectation that accompanied the $210 million contract he signed with Washington.
- Nationals OF Bryce Harper appeals 1-game suspension from MLB Updated: May-12-16 12:17 am
WASHINGTON - Bryce Harper was suspended one game and fined Wednesday by Major League Baseball for his behavior following an ejection this week.
- Nationals unclear about slide rule in 5-4 loss to Tigers Updated: May-11-16 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - Based on what he remembers being told about the new slide rule in spring training, Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker is convinced that an automatic double play should have wiped out the Detroit Tigers' go-ahead run Tuesday night.
- Strasburg's 2012 shutdown helped lead to $175M, 7-year deal Updated: May-10-16 7:17 pm
WASHINGTON - So all these years later, it sure sounds as if Stephen Strasburg signed a $175 million, seven-year contract with the Washington Nationals precisely because of their decision to end his 2012 season before the playoffs - not despite it.
- MLB reviewing Harper's confrontation with ump after ejection Updated: May-10-16 6:00 pm
- Baker leaves Zimmerman behind Harper in Nats order 'for now' Updated: May-09-16 6:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Dusty Baker is sticking with Ryan Zimmerman as the Washington Nationals' cleanup hitter, right behind Bryce Harper in the batting order - at least, as the manager put it Monday, "for now."
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 8:37 pm
CHICAGO - Bryce Harper was drawing walks at such a ridiculous rate he wound up tying a major league record.
- Nationals rout Royals 13-2 to take interleague series Updated: May-04-16 6:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Stephen Strasburg likes to time his journey from the bullpen to the dugout before a game to minimize the time he has to sit on the bench before getting in the game.
- Scherzer, homers help Nationals sweep Cardinals, 6-1 Updated: May-01-16 6:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - Max Scherzer always makes sure to eat some toasted ravioli when he comes back to Missouri.
- Rupp's 9th-inning hit lifts Phils over Nats 3-0 for sweep Updated: Apr-28-16 9:07 pm
WASHINGTON - So much for the Washington Nationals' hot start.