- Dodgers hire Dave Roberts as team's 1st minority manager Updated: Nov-23-15 10:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - Dave Roberts overcame long odds during his playing days in the major leagues and survived a bout with cancer in recent years. He had no managerial experience when he went after the vacant Los Angeles Dodgers' job.
- Nats bring back Schu, after all; add Jacque Jones, Speier Updated: Nov-18-15 5:14 pm
WASHINGTON - The Nationals are bringing back Rick Schu as their hitting coach and adding former major leaguers Jacques Jones as an assistant hitting coach and Chris Speiers as bench coach or third base coach.
- Cubs' Maddon, Texas' Banister selected Managers of the Year Updated: Nov-18-15 4:25 am
NEW YORK - Joe Maddon and Jeff Banister were a huge hit in their new jobs. Now, immediate team success has reaped individual rewards.
- Rangers hire new pitching, hitting coaches to complete staff Updated: Nov-05-15 5:34 pm
ARLINGTON, Texas - The Rangers hired former reliever Doug Brocail as their pitching coach and Anthony Iapoce as hitting coach Thursday, when they also promoted two Triple-A coaches to complete manager Jeff Banister's on-field staff for next season.
- GM Rizzo: Nats negotiated with Black, Baker simultaneously Updated: Nov-05-15 3:02 pm
WASHINGTON - After the made-for-TV news conference was done, after new Washington Nationals manager Dusty Baker's name-checks of Bill Walsh, Bill Russell, Nelson Mandela, Stevie Wonder and others, after the team's owners quickly exited the room, GM Mike Rizzo stood with reporters off to the side and finally offered his version of what happened to the candidacy of Bud Black.
- Reds promote Williams to GM as part of succession plan Updated: Nov-04-15 7:32 pm
CINCINNATI - The Reds promoted Dick Williams to general manager on Wednesday as part of a succession plan for 64-year-old Walt Jocketty, who will stay on as director of baseball operations for one more year before moving into an advisory role.
- Just a number: At 66, Baker looks to win big in golden years Updated: Nov-04-15 2:34 am
Dusty Baker has put up plenty of big stats in his baseball life: More than 1,000 RBIs, nearly 2,000 hits, 20 years as a player, 20 more as a manager.