- Giolito impresses in rain-shortened debut as Nats beat Mets Updated: Jun-29-16 1:21 am
WASHINGTON - Calm and collected on the outside, Lucas Giolito was so anxious about making his major league debut that he kept going into manager Dusty Baker's office to ask when the game would start.
- MRI confirms Nationals' Strasburg has upper-back strain Updated: Jun-28-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals say an MRI Stephen Strasburg underwent Monday morning has confirmed their diagnosis that the pitcher has an upper-back strain.
- Gillaspie gets Giants past Phillies for Bochy's 80 Updated: Jun-26-16 9:20 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Bruce Bochy's 800th victory as Giants manager was anything but typical.
- Roark helps Nats end 7-game skid with 3-2 win over Brewers Updated: Jun-26-16 5:48 pm
- Nationals scratch Strasburg from Sunday start Updated: Jun-25-16 9:49 pm
MILWAUKEE - Stephen Strasburg's back hurt when he tried to throw, and then Gio Gonzalez pitched a season-low three innings in Washington's seventh straight loss.
- Scherzer beaten by long ball, Nats lose 6th straight Updated: Jun-25-16 1:22 am
MILWAUKEE - Max Scherzer and the Washington Nationals are on a tough 10-game trip.
- Puig runs around the bases on crazy play in 9th; Dodgers win Updated: Jun-23-16 5:43 am
LOS ANGELES - Yasiel Puig was wearing his "Make Baseball Fun Again" cap after Wednesday night's game.
- Pomeranz, Padres overcome 3 Nats homers to win 6-3 Updated: Jun-19-16 9:04 pm
SAN DIEGO - Drew Pomeranz made three obvious mistakes for the San Diego Padres on Sunday. Luckily for him, that's where the damage ended.
- Nationals outlast Cubs in 12 innings, 5-4 Updated: Jun-15-16 9:38 pm
- Nationals put Papelbon on 15-day DL with intercostal strain Updated: Jun-14-16 6:34 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals placed closer Jonathan Papelbon on the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday with a right intercostal strain and reinstated reliever Matt Belisle following a rehabilitation assignment.
- Nationals shut down after 2 big wins over White Sox Updated: Jun-10-16 12:33 am
CHICAGO - The Washington Nationals' scoring surge was halted by an unlikely opponent.
- ChiSox end 5-game skid, beat Nats behind Cabrera, Gonzalez Updated: Jun-09-16 11:48 pm
CHICAGO - Todd Frazier wondered if going to church more would help the White Sox break out of their funk. Then the Chicago third baseman suggested a scuffle with teammate Adam Eaton.
- Harper drives in 3 runs, Nationals beat White Sox 10-5 Updated: Jun-08-16 1:20 am
CHICAGO - Mat Latos had all sorts of adjectives to describe his latest shaky start for the struggling Chicago White Sox. Few were suitable for print.
- Murphy, Papelbon help Nationals hold on to beat Reds 10-9 Updated: Jun-05-16 6:27 pm
CINCINNATI - With the bases loaded and nobody out in the ninth inning, Jonathan Papelbon was clinging to a one-run lead.
- Dusty Baker welcomed back to city where he made the playoffs Updated: Jun-03-16 8:35 pm
CINCINNATI - Dusty Baker felt a little strange in his return to the place he used to call home. It didn't take long for him to get welcomed, though. The Nationals manager got a haircut and felt some love from Reds fans who would love to have him back.
- Nats' Murphy exceeding expectations and flirting with .400 Updated: Jun-02-16 4:30 pm
WASHINGTON - A player batting almost .400 is the driving force behind the Washington Nationals' offense. And his name isn't Bryce Harper.
- Scherzer, Ramos lead Nationals to 7-2 win, sweep of Phillies Updated: Jun-01-16 10:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Wilson Ramos has followed up his worst season with his best.
- Nationals' Harper out of lineup due to bruised knee Updated: May-31-16 7:27 pm