- World leaders gather to try to save Earth from overheating Updated: Nov-30-15 4:23 pm
LE BOURGET, France - With dramatic vows to save future generations from an overheated planet, the largest gathering ever of world leaders began two weeks of talks Monday aimed at producing the most far-reaching pact yet to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions and avert environmental havoc.
- Univ. of California joins Bill Gates' clean energy coalition Updated: Nov-29-15 9:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The University of California announced Sunday it is joining a coalition led by Microsoft founder Bill Gates that will invest in the research and development of clean energy technology to fight climate change.
- Zuckerberg to take 2 months of paternity leave Updated: Nov-20-15 7:33 pm
MENLO PARK, California - Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg said Friday he's planning on taking two months of paternity leave when his daughter is born.
- Mark Zuckerberg on philanthropy: Move slow and build things Updated: Nov-18-15 9:31 am
SAN FRANCISCO - After making their fortunes from new software or social networks, some Silicon Valley entrepreneurs have vowed to apply their skills to "hacking" philanthropy and "disrupting" old models for funding charity.
- Zuckerberg talks success, lessons learned in Newark schools Updated: Nov-06-15 5:09 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Five years after donating $100 million to remake education in Newark, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg says he's using lessons learned about the need for community involvement in his next effort in California. He also highlighted some successes in New Jersey's largest city.
- As Facebook grows, expect to see more ads on Instagram Updated: Nov-04-15 7:09 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - If you're starting to notice more ads on Instagram, it's all part of Facebook's plan.