- Facebook drops news outlet input in 'trending topics' review Updated: May-24-16 2:36 am
LOS ANGELES - Facebook says it is dropping its reliance on news outlets to help determine what gets posted as a "trending topic" on the giant social network, a move adopted after a backlash over a report saying it suppressed conservative views.
- Facebook's CEO meets with conservatives on reported bias Updated: May-18-16 9:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - Mark Zuckerberg on Wednesday held a wide-ranging discussion with a group of conservative commentators who said afterward the Facebook CEO acknowledged the giant social network has a problem reaching conservatives.
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg seeks meeting with conservatives Updated: May-13-16 10:51 am
NEW YORK - Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he wants to invite "leading conservatives and people from across the political spectrum" to discuss recent reports that its "Trending Topics" feature is biased against conservatives.
- AP Explains: Bias complaints on Facebook's 'trending' tool Updated: May-11-16 4:00 pm
NEW YORK - What's behind the accusations that Facebook is manipulating its "trending topics" feature to promote or suppress certain political perspectives?
- GOP presses Facebook over links to conservative stories Updated: May-10-16 8:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans on Tuesday demanded an explanation from Facebook after reports that former company staffers excluded links to conservative political stories.