- World leaders gather to try to save Earth from overheating Updated: Nov-30-15 4:23 pm
LE BOURGET, France - With dramatic vows to save future generations from an overheated planet, the largest gathering ever of world leaders began two weeks of talks Monday aimed at producing the most far-reaching pact yet to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions and avert environmental havoc.
- Obama: Climate pact an 'act of defiance' after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-30-15 3:09 pm
LE BOURGET, France - Pushing for a powerful climate deal, President Barack Obama called the global talks opening Monday outside Paris an "act of defiance" against terrorism that proves the world stands undeterred by Islamic State-linked attacks in Europe and beyond.
- Giving and getting grief: For the rich, increasingly common Updated: Nov-30-15 12:30 pm
To give is to gain a heap of grief if you're a mega-rich donor these days.
- Univ. of California joins Bill Gates' clean energy coalition Updated: Nov-29-15 9:02 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The University of California announced Sunday it is joining a coalition led by Microsoft founder Bill Gates that will invest in the research and development of clean energy technology to fight climate change.
- Obama prods world on climate change, faces pushback at home Updated: Nov-29-15 8:52 pm
PARIS - Facing pushback at home, President Barack Obama said Sunday that American leadership was helping make gains in the global fight against climate change as he tried to reassure world leaders assembling for a historic conference in Paris that the U.S. can deliver on its own commitments.
- The Latest: Obama visits site of Paris concert attack Updated: Nov-29-15 7:16 pm
PARIS - The latest from the much-anticipated U.N. climate conference that gets underway in Paris on Monday. All times local: