- Michigan Senate approves $1.5B road plan with gas tax hike Updated: Jul-01-15 10:08 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Republican-led Senate on Wednesday approved a $1.5 billion plan to improve deteriorating Michigan roads by raising fuel taxes and redirecting money from elsewhere in the budget.
- The Latest: Groups weigh in as Senate mulls roads plan Updated: Jul-01-15 5:01 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Latest from the Capitol on the Michigan Senate's consideration of a $1.5 billion road-funding plan (all times local).
- News Guide: What power plant ruling means for Michigan Updated: Jun-29-15 5:59 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 Monday in favor of Michigan and other Republican-led states that challenged Environmental Protection Agency rules that would reduce mercury and other air pollution from coal-fired power plants. The regulations, announced in 2011, are different from rules proposed last year to cut carbon dioxide emissions. What the decision means:
- The Latest: Judge in gay marriage case would marry couple Updated: Jun-26-15 5:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Latest from Michigan on the Supreme Court's decision on same-sex marriage (all times local):
- References to 'crippled children' removed from Michigan law Updated: Jun-25-15 5:08 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan law will no longer reference crippled children after state lawmakers pushed for removing the outdated language.
- The Latest: Michigan Republicans criticize health law ruling Updated: Jun-25-15 12:41 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Latest from Michigan on the Supreme Court's decision on President Barack Obama's health care overhaul (all times local):
- New state law buys back vouchers for business venture funds Updated: Jun-23-15 5:16 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan will buy back $100 million of vouchers related to a business venture fund program.
- Michigan Legislature votes to end movie incentives program Updated: Jun-18-15 4:21 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Michigan lawmakers voted Thursday to end an incentive program used to entice movie, TV and video game productions such as "The Five-Year Engagement" and parts of the "Transformers" series to the state over the past seven years, saving money that proponents said would be better spent improving crumbling roads.
- Michigan task force will look at prescription drug abuse Updated: Jun-18-15 3:54 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Gov. Rick Snyder has created a new task force to address the growing problem of prescription drug and pain killer abuse.
- In next strike against unions, GOP states go after wage laws Updated: Jun-16-15 1:32 am
LANSING, Michigan - Expanding their battle with organized labor, Republican lawmakers in the Midwest are moving to scrap labor laws that help unions win a healthy share of the jobs on public works projects and bolster trade union membership.
- Gay adoption ban stricken from Florida laws after 4 decades Updated: Jun-11-15 8:29 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A nearly four-decade-old law banning gays from adopting children, which hasn't been enforced in five years, will come off Florida's books July 1, but Gov. Rick Scott still wants private, religious-based adoption agencies to be able to turn gay couples away.
- La-Z-Boy marks opening of global headquarters in Michigan Updated: Jun-06-15 2:00 pm
MONROE, Michigan - Furniture maker La-Z-Boy Inc. is showing off its new global headquarters in southeastern Michigan.
- Detroit seminar aims to boost hiring of military veterans Updated: Jun-05-15 11:15 am
DETROIT - General Motors Co. CEO Mary Barra and Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder are calling for more hiring of military veterans.