- Senators try to revive criminal justice overhaul Updated: Apr-28-16 3:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators unveiled legislation on Thursday to give judges more discretion in sentencing offenders, a renewed push to overhaul the nation's criminal justice system after objections from some conservatives and Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- Republican senators concerned over colleague's Sept. 11 bill Updated: Apr-21-16 12:15 pm
WASHINGTON - Key Senate Republicans are divided over a GOP colleague's bill that would allow families of Sept. 11 victims to sue the government of Saudi Arabia.
- Sept. 11 families upset by White House effort to derail bill Updated: Apr-19-16 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Families of the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks say they are "greatly distressed" that the Obama administration is working to derail legislation giving them the right to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for any role that elements of the Saudi government may have played in the attack.
- GOP Senate OKs Obama judicial nominee for Tennessee Updated: Apr-11-16 11:28 pm
WASHINGTON - The Republican-led Senate easily confirmed President Barack Obama's pick for a Tennessee federal judgeship on Monday, even as the GOP maintained its blockade against considering Obama's nominee for the Supreme Court vacancy.
- White House: $589M to go to fight Zika virus Updated: Apr-06-16 4:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal money left over from the largely successful fight against Ebola will now go to combating the growing threat of the Zika virus, the Obama administration announced Wednesday.