- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Jumbled GOP field hopes for survival in South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 5:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Hoping for survival in the South, a muddled field of Republican presidential contenders descended Wednesday on South Carolina, no closer to clarity about who can stand between Donald Trump and their party's nomination.
- Sources: Sanders to meet with Rev. Al Sharpton in New York Updated: Feb-09-16 9:50 pm
NEW YORK - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders plans to meet with the Rev. Al Sharpton over breakfast in New York City.
- Film academy reforms spark new round of protests Updated: Jan-27-16 11:50 pm
NEW YORK - Since the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said it was altering membership rules in response to an outcry over the diversity of its voters and nominees, another uproar has erupted around Hollywood. Many academy members are protesting that the new measures unjustly scapegoat older academy members and imply they're racist.
- Hollywood reax swift, positive to Oscar diversity measures Updated: Jan-22-16 7:31 pm
The Academy's proposed changes to increase diversity in the Oscars prompted swift and positive reaction in Hollywood, with many praising the moves while still noting that the Academy Awards are only part of the problem, and only part of the solution.
- Lupita Nyong'o says Oscar nominations 'disappointing' Updated: Jan-20-16 3:54 pm
NEW YORK - Academy Award winner Lupita Nyong'o says she's "disappointed" by "the lack of inclusion" in this year's Oscar nominations.
- Calls for boycott of Oscars grow over diversity of nominees Updated: Jan-19-16 10:24 am
NEW YORK - Amid calls for a boycott of the Academy Awards over its all-white acting nominees and Spike Lee and Jada Pinkett Smith both announcing they would sit out this year's ceremony, the academy's president said it was time for major changes - and soon.
- Celebrities perform speeches at NY church to honor MLK Day Updated: Jan-18-16 8:45 pm
NEW YORK - Comedian Chris Rock and actors Octavia Spencer and Michael B. Jordan joined hundreds of people Monday night at a historic church to pay tribute to the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Cuomo unveils 2016 plans for housing, transportation Updated: Jan-13-16 6:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - Housing the homeless, a higher minimum wage and paid family leave top an ambitious agenda detailed Wednesday by Gov. Andrew Cuomo in an address that featured personal connections to policy, a heckling legislator and a vision that balanced liberal priorities with big investments in public infrastructure.