- Egypt gas find sparks panic in Israel about Israeli reserves Updated: Sep-01-15 1:44 pm
JERUSALEM - Egypt's new natural gas bonanza is causing an uproar in Israel, with energy stocks plummeting and recriminations over indecisiveness and infighting that have delayed production from the country's own gas fields.
- US Sen. Tom Cotton meets with Netanyahu in Israel Updated: Aug-31-15 3:47 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Republican U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton says he talked about the Iran nuclear agreement with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a weeklong trip to Israel.
- FIFA hosts Israeli, Palestinian football leaders for talks Updated: Aug-26-15 10:51 am
ZURICH - A FIFA panel aiming to improve Israeli-Palestinian football relations met for the first time Wednesday and agreed a follow-up session in the Middle East next month.
- Iran deal picks up support following Reid's endorsement Updated: Aug-24-15 11:48 am
WASHINGTON - With Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid on board, the nuclear agreement between Iran and six world powers is picking up momentum to survive fierce opposition from Republican and Israeli opponents.
- Ehud Barak's Iran bombshell could shake up Israeli politics Updated: Aug-23-15 2:47 pm
JERUSALEM - Former Defense Minister Ehud Barak's comments that Israel nearly attacked Iran's nuclear facilities but the plan was scuttled by military men and cowardly politicians could shake up Israeli politics.
- 6 killed in Syria after Israel retaliates for rocket attack Updated: Aug-21-15 4:43 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - Israeli airstrikes in southern Syria killed six people and wounded seven, Syrian state TV reported Friday, in retaliation for a rocket attack on Israel the previous day that Israeli officials blamed on militants backed by Iran.
- On nuclear deal, not all Israelis are with Netanyahu Updated: Aug-20-15 2:56 pm
JERUSALEM - At first glance, one might think Israelis are solidly behind Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's all-out diplomatic war against the U.S.-led nuclear deal with Iran. But look closer and deep fissures appear: There is angst over what some see as a reckless diplomatic adventure that pits Israel against its indispensable backer.
- AP Interview: Huckabee vows to shake up Mideast policies Updated: Aug-19-15 1:03 pm
JERUSALEM - Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee on Wednesday vowed to abandon key American policies in the Mideast if he is elected next year, endorsing positions that would put the U.S. at odds with its closest allies.
- Hawkish parliamentarian named as Israel's UN ambassador Updated: Aug-14-15 8:16 am
JERUSALEM - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has named a hawkish member of his party to the sensitive post of the country's ambassador to the United Nations.
- Kerry, top Democratic senator spar on Iran deal, sanctions Updated: Aug-11-15 5:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry sparred Tuesday with the lone Democratic senator to publicly oppose last month's historic Iran nuclear deal, saying there was no way the U.S. could prevent American allies from doing business with Tehran if Congress were to reject the agreement.
- Pope and Congress: Francis is certain to challenge lawmakers Updated: Aug-10-15 12:57 pm
WASHINGTON - A political pope is sure to seize his opportunity when he addresses a political body. So both Democrats and Republicans are looking forward to Pope Francis' remarks to Congress next month - and bracing for them, too.
- Shaheen plans to back Iranian nuclear deal Updated: Aug-06-15 5:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Sen. Jeanne Shaheen says she will support the Iranian nuclear deal negotiated by President Barack Obama's administration when it comes to the Senate floor.
- Obama, Netanyahu make dueling appeals on Iran to US Jews Updated: Aug-04-15 8:49 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made dueling appeals to the American Jewish community Tuesday as they sought to rally support for their opposing positions on the Iranian nuclear deal.
- Collection of recent Oklahoma editorials Updated: Aug-04-15 10:19 am
A collection of recent editorial opinions in Oklahoma newspapers:
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Aug-04-15 6:05 am
Debate stage drama: Republican presidential candidates await top 10 announcement