- West Bank outpost's impending evacuation a test for Israel Updated: May-27-16 4:29 am
AMONA OUTPOST, West Bank - The fate of 50 white caravans perched atop a West Bank hill in the Amona settler outpost is emerging as a key test for Benjamin Netanyahu's newly-expanded hard-line government.
- Israel's Netanyahu adds hard-liner to coalition Updated: May-25-16 8:05 pm
JERUSALEM - Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu named one of Israel's most polarizing politicians as defense minister on Wednesday, solidifying his parliamentary majority at the risk of antagonizing the international community and his own military - and clouding already slim hopes for a resumption of peace efforts.
- UN envoy says radically more must be done for Mideast peace Updated: May-25-16 7:19 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Palestinians in Gaza are growing ever more desperate and unless "radically more" is done to address the situation, it is only a matter of time before there is another escalation of violence, the U.N.'s top Mideast envoy told the Security Council on Wednesday.
- French premier pushes Mideast initiative with Palestinians Updated: May-24-16 10:55 am
RAMALLAH, West Bank - France's prime minister said Tuesday that peace between Israelis and the Palestinians is also important for security in Europe.
- Netanyahu proclaims support for peace, despite French rebuff Updated: May-23-16 1:11 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's leader on Monday reiterated his support for the establishment of a Palestinian state, seeking to persuade critics that he remains committed to peace as he prepares to bring a polarizing hardliner into his Cabinet.
- Israel defense chief quits, cites lack of trust in Netanyahu Updated: May-20-16 1:37 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel's defense minister announced his resignation Friday, saying the governing party had been taken over by "extremist and dangerous elements" and that he no longer trusts Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Kerry in Cairo for talks on Egypt's politics, Mideast peace Updated: May-18-16 9:49 am
CAIRO - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry was holding talks Wednesday with Egyptian officials on the country's political situation and to explore Egypt's ideas for supporting a new Israeli-Palestinian peace bid.
- Egypt president backs French proposal for Mideast talks Updated: May-17-16 1:39 pm
CAIRO - President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi said Tuesday that Egypt's relations with Israel, rooted in a landmark 1979 peace treaty, can only be "warmer" if his country's former enemy reached a settlement with the Palestinians and pledged that Cairo would "make every effort" toward a solution.
- Israeli leader: Iran mocks WWII Holocaust, prepares another Updated: May-15-16 9:57 am
JERUSALEM - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu lashed out at Iran Sunday for staging a Holocaust-themed cartoon contest that mocked the Nazi genocide of six million Jews during World War II and said the Islamic Republic was busy planning for another one.
- Iranians say Holocaust cartoon contest not aimed at denial Updated: May-14-16 9:50 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranians staged an international contest for cartoons depicting the Holocaust on Saturday but insisted the event was aimed at criticizing alleged Western double standards regarding free expression and not at denying the Nazi genocide.
- Israel honors priest who promotes Arab army enlistment Updated: May-11-16 2:14 am
NAZARETH, Israel - Israel's decision to honor a controversial Greek Orthodox priest at its official Independence Day ceremony is driving a wedge in the country's tiny Christian Arab community as the government recognizes him for his efforts to encourage Christians to enlist in the Israeli military.
- Israeli leader rebukes top general over Holocaust comments Updated: May-08-16 5:49 am
JERUSALEM - Israel's prime minister has publicly rebuked a top general for comments appearing to liken the atmosphere in Israel to that of Nazi-era Germany.
- AP sources: US getting tougher with Israel over settlements Updated: May-07-16 2:57 am
WASHINGTON - The United States will endorse a tougher tone with Israel in an upcoming international report that takes the Jewish state to task over settlements, demolitions and property seizures on land the Palestinians claim for a future state, diplomats told The Associated Press.
- Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick baptized on trip to Israel Updated: May-01-16 12:54 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick has been baptized in the Jordan River while visiting Israel with officials from different states.
- Trump struggles to explain 'America first' foreign policy Updated: Apr-27-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump strained to lay out a clear vision of his "America first" foreign policy on Wednesday, vowing to substitute hard-headed realism for what he called a post-Cold War era replete with U.S. national security failures.