- Top EPA official says now is time to act on climate change Updated: Sep-25-15 6:15 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The nation's top environmental regulator reiterated the words of Pope Francis, saying Friday the time to act on global climate change is now and everyone has a moral responsibility to take action.
- Potential Democratic challenger for governor opts out Updated: Sep-21-15 4:59 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana House Speaker John Gregg remains the only candidate for the party's 2016 nomination for governor after a potential challenger decided against entering the race.
- Indiana AG deals blow to plan to postpone test impact Updated: Sep-16-15 7:35 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana's Attorney General dealt a major blow to a proposal by state schools Superintendent Glenda Ritz that would spare schools from being penalized for low scores on this year's ISTEP exams.
- Pence to appeal FEMA's denial of flood recovery dollars Updated: Sep-14-15 7:05 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Gov. Mike Pence will appeal a recent decision by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to deny Indiana's request for federal assistance following a barrage of severe summer storms that Pence's office says played a role in the deaths of 10 people.
- Religious objections bill backer Schneider not running again Updated: Sep-12-15 4:40 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - One of the primary authors of Indiana's much-criticized religious objections law announced Saturday that he will not seek re-election in 2016 because he wants to concentrate on his growing family business.
- Pence joins GOP governors in letter denouncing Iran deal Updated: Sep-08-15 1:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence joined 14 other GOP governors Tuesday in denouncing the Obama administration's nuclear deal with Iran, saying it will allow the country to continue being a "state sponsor of terrorism" while doing little to guarantee Iran's leaders would not obtain a nuclear bomb.
- Indiana veterans returning home face dearth of services Updated: Sep-04-15 6:23 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana has a large number of veterans who are returning home as the Army thins its ranks and winds down overseas engagements, placing more demand on a network of veterans' services that is already stretched thin.