- Brady throws 2 INTs, 1 TD, Patriots beat Panthers 17-16 Updated: Aug-28-15 11:38 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - At least for one series Tom Brady looked like Tom Brady again.
- Identifying zone-read plays makes it tough to protect QBs Updated: Aug-28-15 3:12 am
PHILADELPHIA - If Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll and other NFL coaches want to run zone-read plays, their quarterbacks are fair game - even when they don't have the ball.
- Patriots look for improvement in 3rd preseason game Updated: Aug-26-15 5:08 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Bill Belichick is looking for some major improvement from the New England Patriots as they head to Carolina for Friday night's third preseason game.
- Reggie Wayne looking forward to fresh start Updated: Aug-25-15 6:05 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Reggie Wayne said he was talking to several NFL teams before deciding to sign a one-year contract with the New England Patriots.
- Talks go on as lawyers try to win over 'Deflategate' judge Updated: Aug-25-15 5:20 pm
NEW YORK - Even as negotiations aimed at settling the NFL's "Deflategate" scandal drag on, lawyers are seeking every legal advantage in a quest to win over a federal judge.
- Saints' Cooks dominates early, Patriots rally for 26-24 win Updated: Aug-23-15 12:54 am
NEW ORLEANS - Saints receiver Brandin Cooks looks ready to fulfill the promise he showed as a rookie last season before smashing his hand on a helmet.
- Silent Brady stands out at joint Patriots-Saints practices Updated: Aug-20-15 5:30 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Tom Brady's media blackout, purportedly on advice of lawyers handling the legal challenge to his "Deflategate" suspension, has left him unavailable to even discuss how the New England Patriots look on the football field.
- Patriots, Saints express mutual admiration at joint practice Updated: Aug-19-15 7:12 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - The kinship between Bill Belichick and Sean Payton is apparent in the way they compliment each other, as well as the subjects they'd rather not discuss.
- AP sources: Brady, Goodell meet but 'Deflategate' unresolved Updated: Aug-18-15 5:47 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell met Tuesday to discuss settling the "Deflategate" legal case but were unsuccessful, two people familiar with the case told The Associated Press.
- Fame finds courtroom artist after Brady drawing goes viral Updated: Aug-14-15 6:03 pm
NEW YORK - Jane Rosenberg's courtroom drawing of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is everywhere and now so is she, fending off cyberbullies who disparage her along the way.
- Brady makes brief show in Patriots' 22-11 loss to Packers Updated: Aug-14-15 12:12 am
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Tom Brady had better hope his legal defense is better than his football defense.
- LINING UP: Pack at Pats, Jets at Lions in preseason games Updated: Aug-12-15 7:31 pm
A look at what to expect in Thursday night's NFL preseason games:
- The Latest: Brady, Goodell leave court after hearing, talks Updated: Aug-12-15 6:00 pm
NEW YORK - Here are the latest developments in a federal court hearing in football's "Deflategate" scandal, with the NFL, the players' union and superstar quarterback Tom Brady at odds about a four game suspension he received for using underinflated footballs (all times local):
- Bills QB Cassel believes his best years are still ahead Updated: Aug-12-15 4:32 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - On his third team in four seasons, Bills quarterback Matt Cassel's confidence remains unshaken in the 10-year veteran's bid to finally establish himself as an NFL starter.
- Peyton Manning: Tom Brady apologized to him for email barb Updated: Aug-12-15 4:12 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Peyton Manning says Tom Brady apologized to him - unnecessarily - after taking a shot at him in recently released emails.
- Former Dolphins line coach sues over bullying scandal report Updated: Aug-10-15 7:45 pm
MIAMI - The former Miami Dolphins offensive line coach implicated in the team's 2013 bullying scandal has filed a lawsuit against Ted Wells, the NFL's lead investigator into the case.
- Patriots release QB Flynn, sign Lindley Updated: Aug-10-15 5:36 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Still unsure of the status of Tom Brady and with the preseason opener coming up, the New England Patriots released veteran quarterback Matt Flynn on Monday and signed Ryan Lindley to replace him as the team's third-stringer.
- Massachusetts governor leads ALS ice bucket challenge Updated: Aug-10-15 5:23 pm
BOSTON - A deep freeze fell briefly upon Beacon Hill on a warm August day as Gov. Charlie Baker, members of his staff and other top state officials took the ice bucket challenge to help find a cure for Lou Gehrig's disease.
- New team, same Rex: Ryan takes Buffalo by storm Updated: Aug-10-15 3:54 pm
PITTSFORD, New York - Rex Ryan had just finished wrapping up his daily post-practice session with reporters at training camp when a Bills fan in the nearby stands delivered what has become a common message to the team's new coach.
- FX boss: There's 'too much television' with decline ahead Updated: Aug-07-15 8:29 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - A roundup of news Friday from the Television Critics Association summer meeting, at which TV networks and streaming services are presenting details on upcoming programs:
- 'The League' tackles deflated footballs, Marshawn Lynch Updated: Aug-07-15 7:58 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Marshawn Lynch is able to poke fun at his Seattle Seahawks' final offensive play in the Super Bowl during the season premiere of FXX's "The League."
- Amendola ready for bigger role with Patriots Updated: Aug-07-15 5:14 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Danny Amendola celebrated a one-handed touchdown catch at New England Patriots camp Friday by getting up and firing the ball into the stands.
- Saints scrimmage indicates Watson, Colston still productive Updated: Aug-07-15 4:44 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Tight end Ben Watson and receiver Marques Colston looked more like enduring playmakers running downhill than aging veterans in decline.
- Jets' Cromartie: Patriots' Brady shouldn't be suspended Updated: Aug-06-15 7:23 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Tom Brady has an unlikely ally in Antonio Cromartie.
- Judge overseeing Brady case no stranger to big personalities Updated: Aug-05-15 8:01 pm
NEW YORK - If there's anybody who can take the hot air out of football's "Deflategate," it's a Manhattan federal judge with a history of encouraging fast resolutions to perplexing problems.