- Dominant D carries Manning, Broncos to 24-10 Super Bowl win Updated: Feb-08-16 4:02 am
SANTA CLARA, California - With his prolific passing and complete control of the game at the line of scrimmage, Peyton Manning helped usher in the NFL's wide-open era of high-scoring offenses and pass-happy game plans.
- Super Bowl's Broncos, Panthers excel at defense differently Updated: Feb-07-16 2:33 am
SANTA CLARA, California - Sometime late last season or early this season - depends on whom you ask - Josh Norman and the Carolina Panthers' other defensive backs were heading toward a drill as part of their weekly "Turnover Circuit," when assistant coach Eric Washington yelled out a spur-of-the-moment greeting.
- MVP Newton, Watt, Rivera, Berry big winners of NFL awards Updated: Feb-07-16 2:22 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Cam Newton is now a Super Bowl quarterback with an MVP award.
- Despite troubles aplenty, NFL and Super Bowl popular as ever Updated: Feb-06-16 1:27 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The headlines hit in a persistent stream this season, and the onslaught only grew steadier as the Super Bowl approached.
- Super Busts: The best teams to not win the Super Bowl Updated: Feb-06-16 12:56 pm
They had the stars, the swagger and the sparkling record to prove it.
- Von Miller, 2 other Broncos fined by NFL for AFC title game Updated: Feb-06-16 12:51 pm
- Super Bowl champions haven't always been 'super' Updated: Feb-06-16 2:29 am
They have the gaudy rings and the rest of the swag that comes with being a Super Bowl champion.
- SUPER BOWL: Profiles of key players Updated: Feb-05-16 6:46 pm
Projected starters and key players for the Super Bowl at Santa Clara, California:
- Manning's glove gives him better grip on Updated: Feb-05-16 6:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Peyton Manning has always done things few quarterbacks do, including wearing a glove on his passing hand.
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule Updated: Feb-05-16 5:33 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Joe Cool tops list of best Super Bowl passing performances Updated: Feb-05-16 2:25 pm
The face of most successful NFL teams nowadays is the quarterback, so it should come as no surprise that seven of the past eight league MVPs played that position.
- Unlikely Super Bowl stars from Timmy Smith to Larry Brown Updated: Feb-05-16 2:27 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Super Bowl history is filled with great performances from the biggest stars, such as Jerry Rice, Tom Brady and Emmitt Smith.
- Denver's Marshall and Trevathan bounce back from injuries Updated: Feb-04-16 6:23 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The Super Bowl linebackers getting all the attention this week are Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis.
- Will Peyton's dream scenario come true vs Panthers? Updated: Feb-04-16 2:56 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - It's the perfect scenario, a Hollywood-type script: Peyton Manning emulates John Elway and rides off into the sunset with the Lombardi Trophy in his grip.
- Harbaugh draws cascade of stars to Michigan for signing day Updated: Feb-03-16 9:30 pm
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - Jim Harbaugh, hailed like a rock star, strolled onto a regally lit stage in a sharp suit instead of his signature khakis and tucked-in blue pullover.
- Michigan's man: Top recruit Rashan Gary picks Wolverines Updated: Feb-03-16 5:17 pm
The biggest star of signing day for Michigan never even got a mention during Jim Harbaugh's over-the-top extravaganza.
- Cam Newton took fancy pants where other pros dare not go Updated: Feb-03-16 5:07 pm
NEW YORK - Lots of athletes have style, but could they rock the Cam pants?
- Alabama continues recruiting dynasty with fast finish Updated: Feb-03-16 4:37 pm
Signing day went much like this past season: Alabama dominated and Jim Harbaugh had everybody talking about Michigan.
- 'What If' moments that defined Super Bowl legacies Updated: Feb-03-16 2:15 am
Imagine a world where the name Scott Norwood evokes awe in Buffalo, not "aww, dude."
- From O'Brien to Vinatieri, Super Bowl's most crucial kicks Updated: Feb-03-16 2:13 am
SAN FRANCISCO - When the Super Bowl comes down to the kicker, all eyes are on the smallest, least athletic guy on the field.
- Chip off the ol' Bum: Wade Phillips gets best from Denver D Updated: Feb-02-16 6:48 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - A few weeks ago, Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips went to great pains to describe glowingly a certain coach with the initials "B.B." - a coach he would go on to out-scheme and beat a few days later to punch his ticket to the Super Bowl.
- Alabama seeking to continue its recruiting dominance Updated: Feb-02-16 4:15 pm
Less than a month after winning its fourth national championship in seven seasons, Alabama has a chance to extend its string of unofficial recruiting titles.
- Ward, Stewart vow to return from injuries for Super Bowl Updated: Jan-30-16 2:08 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - T.J. Ward's Super Bowl guarantee doesn't exactly possess the same sort of sizzle as Joe Namath once promising - and delivering - a win.
- Nick Kasa finds home with Broncos just before Super Bowl Updated: Jan-29-16 2:13 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Last Sunday, Nick Kasa was like any other fan of the Denver Broncos.
- USADA helping NFL in Manning HGH probe Updated: Jan-28-16 7:54 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Garbage then. Garbage now.