- Illinois tax break deals yield uncertain results for state Updated: Oct-02-15 5:19 pm
CHICAGO - A newspaper analysis shows that companies who receive tax breaks through Illinois' primary job-creation program often don't add jobs and sometimes even lay off workers.
- Former Illinois Gov. Quinn makes speech in central Illinois Updated: Oct-02-15 1:43 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Former Gov. Pat Quinn has made a public appearance in central Illinois, saying he still believes an income tax increase is needed to cover expenses and end the budget stalemate.
- Illinois medical marijuana applicants trending female, older Updated: Oct-01-15 5:59 pm
CHICAGO - The patient most commonly seeking a doctor's blessing to use medical marijuana in Illinois is an older woman in Cook County with either severe fibromyalgia or cancer, according to data published Thursday in a report to the Legislature.
- Illinois home day care workers seek repayment of union dues Updated: Sep-30-15 5:33 pm
ST. LOUIS - Home day care workers in Illinois are seeking a refund of millions of dollars in past payments in a federal lawsuit recently filed in the wake of a U.S. Supreme Court decision that overturned a state requirement for non-union home health workers to pay fair-share union fees.
- Illinois Gaming Board rejects video licenses for strip mall Updated: Sep-23-15 3:41 pm
CHICAGO - Plans to refurbish a half-empty strip mall outside Chicago into multiple video gambling cafes have been rejected by Illinois Gaming Board members who questioned it as an attempt to skirt state regulations and create a "back-door casino."
- State fires Illinois Lottery manager Northstar after report Updated: Sep-18-15 6:55 pm
CHICAGO - The state of Illinois reached an agreement to terminate the contract of Northstar Lottery Group, the private company managing the state's lottery, the governor's office said Friday.
- Hearing to consider 8 conditions for medical marijuana Updated: Sep-16-15 4:01 am
CHICAGO - A public hearing will be held next month to hear evidence for adding eight medical conditions to the list of what can be treated in the Illinois medical marijuana pilot program.
- U of Illinois emails highlight medical school struggle Updated: Sep-13-15 9:33 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Before the University of Illinois decided to create a new engineering-based medical school at the Urbana-Champaign campus, the power players behind the idea maneuvered to line up political support while they fought off attempts to kill the idea from within.