- Column: NASCAR has long needed a driver council for feedback Updated: Jun-01-15 4:52 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - It started last fall as a text message chain that included roughly 20 of NASCAR's top drivers. The purpose of that group chat was for the drivers to hash out where the current rules package was headed and attempt to gain a consensus on what was best for the competitors.
- Johnson makes history with 10th win at Dover Updated: May-31-15 10:23 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Jimmie Johnson took the congratulatory call from his boss, then flipped the phone for a selfie.
- Will Power poised to make 100th start for Team Penske Updated: May-27-15 5:36 pm
Will Power heads to Detroit this weekend poised to make his 100th start for Team Penske.
- Carl Edwards races to first victory for new JGR team Updated: May-24-15 11:50 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Even a master strategist like Joe Gibbs wasn't sure his team made the right call.
- Widow of "American Sniper" subject honored at NASCAR race Updated: May-24-15 5:44 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - The wife of "American Sniper" subject Chris Kyle was honored with the Stonewall Jackson Award at Charlotte Motor Speedway before the Coca-Cola 600.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- Dale Earnhardt Jr has plenty of horsepower on Twitter Updated: May-23-15 2:06 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - NASCAR's most popular driver is now one of the most popular people on Twitter.
- Kevin Harvick on top heading to NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 Updated: May-21-15 4:24 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Kevin Harvick is right where he usually is when the Coca-Cola 600 rolls around on the schedule: On top and seeking even more success.
- Panthers LB Davis takes 5-lap spin with Earnhardt Jr. Updated: May-19-15 5:53 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - Not a lot scares Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis so he was comfortable going a few laps around Charlotte Motor Speedway at 165 mph with NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Ben Rhodes skipping commencement for NASCAR Xfinity debut Updated: May-15-15 4:24 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Ben Rhodes doesn't have time for his graduation ceremony. He is already poised to move on to the next phase of his racing career.
- Jimmie Johnson throws caution to wind at Kansas Speedway Updated: May-13-15 4:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The image Jimmie Johnson has cultivated over the years is of a clean-cut, corporate pitchman, almost the antithesis of the "good 'ol boy" drivers from NASCAR's colorful past.
- Column: NASCAR's All-Star race has been a dud of late Updated: May-11-15 6:36 pm
CONCORD, North Carolina - The lore of NASCAR's annual All-Star race has been building since 1987, when Dale Earnhardt's "pass in the grass" gave him the victory.
- Deflated-ball trick nothing new in games people play Updated: May-10-15 12:28 pm
If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.
- Johnson stays on track during late caution, wins at Kansas Updated: May-10-15 2:24 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Jimmie Johnson pulled into victory lane after his late-race gamble paid off to win the rain-delayed Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway, then pulled out his cellphone and tried to dial his wife in the first few minutes of Mother's Day.
- NASCAR star Clint Bowyer takes cuts with Kansas City Royals Updated: May-06-15 7:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first thing Ned Yost asked Clint Bowyer when the Royals manager called the NASCAR driver into his office Wednesday night was for some much-needed help with his lineup.
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. cruises to 1st Talladega win since 2004 Updated: May-03-15 8:03 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - There's something about Talladega Superspeedway - its ardent Earnhardt fans, the success his family has had at the track - that makes Dale Earnhardt Jr. feel a responsibility to put on a show.
- Ole Miss coach gets firsthand taste of Talladega speed Updated: May-03-15 3:18 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - Hugh Freeze knows a little something about speed and about NASCAR.