- Lewis drama in Congress taken from civil rights playbook Updated: Jun-24-16 5:14 am
WASHINGTON - Bernard Lafayette was all smiles as he watched his civil rights comrade John Lewis commandeer the floor of the U.S. House for an old-fashioned, marathon sit-in over gun legislation.
- Lewis, who shed blood for civil rights, leads Dems on guns Updated: Jun-23-16 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Rep. John Lewis, who shed blood in Selma for civil rights, sat shoulder to shoulder with fellow Democrats on the House floor as the leader of an extraordinary protest demanding votes on gun control.
- Democrats end 25-hour plus protest to demand House gun votes Updated: Jun-23-16 1:14 pm
WASHINGTON - House Democrats have ended their 25½-hour sit-in on the chamber's floor that they've been staging to demand votes on gun control.
- The Latest: Democrats say gun protest succeeded Updated: Jun-23-16 5:06 am
WASHINGTON - 4:15 a.m.
- C-SPAN uses social media feeds to cover protest Updated: Jun-22-16 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - With the cameras it uses to cover Congress shut off, C-SPAN turned to social media feeds on Wednesday to beam live coverage of the House Democrat's sit-in to demand votes on gun control legislation
- Inslee visits US House floor during gun debate sit-in Updated: Jun-22-16 6:07 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Gov. Jay Inslee was on the U.S. House floor as Democrats staged a sit-in to try and force a vote in that chamber on gun control measures.
- John Lewis to receive Liberty Medal for civil rights work Updated: Jun-02-16 2:20 pm
PHILADELPHIA - U.S. Rep. John Lewis will be honored with Philadelphia's Liberty Medal for his dedication to civil rights.