- Twitter sets modest goals to diversity its workforce Updated: Aug-28-15 5:58 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Twitter is setting modest goals to diversify its workforce while it fights a proposed class-action lawsuit that says the online messaging service discriminates against its female employees.
- Jesse Jackson talks health care, voting at SC meeting Updated: Aug-28-15 4:06 am
WEST COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Rev. Jesse Jackson is taking part in a meeting about a variety of issues facing South Carolinians.
- Biden, congressional colleagues pay homage to Louis Stokes Updated: Aug-25-15 2:49 pm
CLEVELAND - Mourners say Ohio's first black congressman left an enduring legacy of justice and fairness in a world that didn't always treat him kindly.
- Rev. Jesse Jackson visits Julian Assange in London Updated: Aug-21-15 11:55 am
LONDON - American civil rights activist Rev. Jesse Jackson has visited WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorean Embassy in London, where the Australian has been living for over three years.
- Jesse Jackson remembers Julian Bond as 'global peace leader' Updated: Aug-17-15 9:19 am
CHICAGO - The Rev. Jesse Jackson says he's "saddened and broken hearted" at the death of civil rights figure Julian Bond.
- Apple more than doubles hiring of women and minorities Updated: Aug-13-15 8:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple says it more than doubled the numbers of women, blacks and Hispanics hired in the last year, although that barely moved the needle in terms of improving the diversity of its total workforce.
- SC activists to mark 50th anniversary of Voting Rights Act Updated: Aug-06-15 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Progressive Network and the Rev. Jesse Jackson are marking the 50th anniversary of the federal Voting Rights Act with an event in Columbia.