- Georgia primary voters stick with challenged incumbents Updated: May-24-16 11:55 pm
Georgia Republicans who fervently backed Donald Trump for president a few months ago ended up sticking with political insiders Tuesday as incumbents swept to victory in contested primary elections across the state.
- The Latest: Barksdale wins Democratic Senate primary Updated: May-24-16 11:49 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- Early voting period ends Friday for Georgia primaries Updated: May-19-16 5:17 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia's early voting period is almost over.
- Favored Democrat, incumbent Isakson face primary challengers Updated: May-14-16 5:26 pm
ATLANTA - Top Georgia Democrats hope a wealthy newcomer to state politics can take down incumbent U.S. Sen. Johnny Isakson. But first, Jim Barksdale's fledgling campaign has to make it through the May 24 primary against project manager Cheryl Copeland and businessman John Coyne.
- Senate's power brokers are aging; several to seek new terms Updated: May-08-16 9:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Millennials have emerged as the nation's largest living generation yet that demographic shift isn't reflected in the upper reaches of the Republican-controlled Senate, where the body's oldest members are the power brokers.
- Georgia Republican hopefuls say unity behind Trump essential Updated: May-06-16 7:09 pm
ATLANTA - Georgia's Republican congressional hopefuls largely fell in line behind Donald Trump during a series of debates Friday, days after Trump essentially clinched the party's presidential nomination. Only one candidate - Derrick Grayson in the GOP U.S. Senate primary - expressed doubts about the businessman.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: May-04-16 11:12 am
The Montana Standard, May 1, on the impact of a new state park: