- Democratic support piles up for Iran nuclear deal in Senate Updated: Sep-03-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Now a done deal, the Iran nuclear agreement gained critical backing from three more Democratic senators Thursday, boosting White House hopes of blocking a disapproval resolution in the Senate so the president won't have to veto it.
- ND Democrat Heitkamp backs Obama on Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-03-15 4:48 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Democratic U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp announced her support Thursday for President Barack Obama's Iran nuclear deal, a politically risky move in a Republican-dominated state where she is weighing a run for governor.
- White House welcomes Senate support of Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-02-15 4:25 pm
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE - The White House says it's encouraged that more than a third of the Senate has announced support for the nuclear deal with Iran.
- A look at where Senate Democrats stand on the Iran deal Updated: Sep-02-15 1:05 pm
Congress will vote this month on a resolution to disapprove of the White House-backed nuclear deal struck with Iran by the U.S., Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany. The deal aims to limit Iran's nuclear program in exchange for hundreds of billions of dollars in relief from international sanctions.
- VA planning to open clinic in Montgomery County Updated: Sep-02-15 4:19 am
WASHINGTON - Maryland elected officials say the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is considering opening an outpatient clinic in Montgomery County.
- Clinton, aides stressed protecting State Dept info in email Updated: Sep-01-15 1:59 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and her aides at the State Department were acutely aware of the need to protect sensitive information when discussing international affairs over email and other forms of unsecure electronic communication, according to the latest batch of messages released by the agency from Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.
- Douglas announces bid for Senate Updated: Aug-24-15 2:35 pm
BLADENSBURG, Maryland - A former George W. Bush administration defense department appointee from Bladensburg is running for Senate in Maryland.
- Frustration lingers over Baltimore light rail cancellation Updated: Aug-10-15 6:28 pm
HANOVER, Maryland - Sharp disagreements emerged from a closed-door meeting Monday between Republican Gov. Larry Hogan's administration and Democrats who represent Baltimore over Hogan's cancellation of a 14-mile light rail plan and uncertainty about the governor's transportation plans for Maryland's largest city.
- Rep. Van Hollen calls for national redistricting reform Updated: Aug-07-15 6:58 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Rep. Chris Van Hollen on Friday called for national reform of how the nation's congressional districts are drawn, a day after Gov. Larry Hogan formed a state commission to study reforms in Maryland and submit a state constitutional amendment.
- Senior VP at nonprofit college program to run for Congress Updated: Aug-05-15 3:47 pm
BALTIMORE - David M. Anderson, a senior vice president at a nonprofit college internship program, says he will seek the Democratic nomination for Congress in Maryland's 8th District.