- Black Lives Matter movement experiencing growing pains Updated: Sep-01-15 3:15 am
WASHINGTON - Hundreds of Black Lives Matter activists, black and white, marched outside the Minnesota State Fair this weekend, hoping to bring attention to the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of police.
- Clinton, aides stressed protecting State Dept info in email Updated: Sep-01-15 1:59 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and her aides at the State Department were acutely aware of the need to protect sensitive information when discussing international affairs over email and other forms of unsecure electronic communication, according to the latest batch of messages released by the agency from Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.
- Legal experts see no criminal trouble for Clinton thus far Updated: Aug-31-15 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Experts in government secrecy law see almost no possibility of criminal action against Hillary Clinton or her top aides in connection with now-classified information sent over unsecure email while she was secretary of state, based on the public evidence thus far.
- Federal lawmakers announce $8.5M in FAA grants for airports Updated: Aug-31-15 5:24 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Members of Arkansas' congressional delegation have announced $8.5 million in Federal Aviation Administration grants to improve airports throughout the state.
- Shaheen to endorse Hillary Rodham Clinton for president Updated: Aug-31-15 9:32 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Democratic New Hampshire U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen is planning to endorse Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
- The Latest: Sanders says party needs huge voter turnout Updated: Aug-28-15 4:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Here are the latest developments Friday from the Democratic National Committee meeting in Minneapolis, where four Democratic presidential candidates are addressing the party.
- GOP candidate Trump to offer plan to overhaul US tax code Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is promising to offer a plan within a month to overhaul the tax system, calling himself "king of the tax code."
- Utah rally Saturday for GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 am
OREM, Utah - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is scheduled to be in Utah on Friday and Saturday for campaign events.
- Christie embarks on TV blitz to gain campaign traction Updated: Aug-27-15 7:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie embarked on a TV blitz Thursday as he works to gain traction in his 2016 Republican presidential primary campaign.
- Democratic Party lags in money before presidential year Updated: Aug-27-15 6:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Democratic National Committee barely has more cash than it does IOUs, and it is being outraised month after month by its Republican competitor.
- Clinton likens GOP's views on women to those of terrorists Updated: Aug-27-15 2:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday drew parallels between terrorist organizations and the field of Republican candidates for president when it comes to their views on women, telling an Ohio audience her potential GOP rivals were pushing "out of date" policies.
- Warren, coy on whether to seek re-election, stockpiles cash Updated: Aug-27-15 2:08 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is stockpiling campaign cash from liberal supporters across the country even though she hasn't committed to a 2018 re-election bid.
- Hillary Clinton heads to Cleveland for Ohio organizing event Updated: Aug-27-15 3:09 am
CLEVELAND - Hillary Clinton is making a campaign stop in Ohio to shore up early organizing efforts in the political battleground state.
- Watchdog: US Ambassador Kennedy used private email Updated: Aug-25-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Senior staff at the U.S. Embassy to Japan, including Ambassador Caroline Kennedy, have used personal email accounts for official business, an internal watchdog said in a report Tuesday. Some emails contained sensitive information.
- Behar back on 'The View'; Cameron Bure, Faris also co-hosts Updated: Aug-25-15 3:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Joy Behar is returning to "The View" as a co-host, part of an overhauled panel that also will include newcomers Candace Cameron Bure and Paula Faris.
- Connecticut's Malloy campaigns in New Hampshire for Clinton Updated: Aug-24-15 4:56 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is campaigning in New Hampshire for two days on behalf of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
- Obama sheds summer curse, just in time for daunting fall Updated: Aug-23-15 10:49 pm
EDGARTOWN, Massachusetts - President Barack Obama may have finally shed his summer curse - just in time for a daunting fall.
- Chelsea Clinton speech moved because of demand for tickets Updated: Aug-23-15 12:26 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - An upcoming speech in Little Rock by Chelsea Clinton has been moved from the Great Hall at the Clinton Presidential Center to the Statehouse Convention Center because of ticket demand.
- New Hampshire primary campaigns rely on 'super volunteers' Updated: Aug-23-15 10:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Each Saturday morning, 78-year-old Gary Patton goes door to door to talk to his neighbors about Hillary Rodham Clinton. He starts with a friendly introduction to make sure people know he's a local - not some out-of-towner who doesn't understand New Hampshire.
- Bernie Sanders to campaign in North Country Updated: Aug-23-15 8:14 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, the progressive firebrand who is riling up Democratic crowds across the country, is heading back to New Hampshire for a two-day campaign swing.
- AP-NY--New York News Digest,ADVISORY, 1:30 pm Update, NY Updated: Aug-21-15 2:08 pm
NEW YORK - Members can send stories and tips to firstname.lastname@example.org for upstate and email@example.com for the New York metro area. The New York City desk can be reached at 212-621-1670. The Albany desk can be reached at 518-458-7821. The photo desk is reachable at 212-621-1902. AP stories, along with the photos that accompany them, can also be obtained from http://www.apexchange.com .
- AG Healey top Massachusetts Democrat to back Clinton Updated: Aug-20-15 4:58 pm
BOSTON - Attorney General Maura Healey says she's backing Hillary Clinton for president.
- Poll: Walker leads GOP foes, trails Clinton in Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 2:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker leads other Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin but trails Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton there in a potential general election matchup, according to the first statewide poll since Walker announced his candidacy.
- Poll shows Walker leads GOP field in home state of Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 1:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A new poll shows Gov. Scott Walker leads the field of Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin.
- Clinton calls for tripling AmeriCorps civil service program Updated: Aug-20-15 12:16 pm
ATLANTA - As part of her promise to address rising college costs, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is calling to expand the AmeriCorps service program launched under her husband's administration.