- US Sen. Warren: I had long policy conversation with Biden Updated: Sep-02-15 8:30 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren said Vice President Joe Biden called her twice to set up a lunch with him last month as he weighs a White House run.
- Reporters face subpoenas in case over CIA head's resignation Updated: Sep-02-15 7:53 pm
WASHINGTON - A couple suing over leaks in the federal investigation that led to CIA Director David Petraeus' resignation intend to subpoena at least two journalists in an attempt to compel testimony about their sources, The Associated Press has learned.
- NYC council speaker endorses Hillary Clinton for president Updated: Sep-02-15 12:16 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito, a liberal who is becoming a national voice on issues such as immigration, has endorsed Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
- Egg group scrambled over eggless mayo maker Updated: Sep-02-15 12:05 pm
NEW YORK - A California company that makes an eggless mayonnaise alternative has the U.S. egg industry scrambling.
- US presidential hopeful Marco Rubio to visit Puerto Rico Updated: Sep-01-15 6:44 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio is scheduled to visit the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico this week, his staff said Tuesday.
- Approaching health law tax is not just a levy on luxury Updated: Sep-01-15 4:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The last major piece of President Barack Obama's health care law could raise costs for thrifty consumers as well as large corporations and union members when it takes effect in 2018.
- Black Lives Matter movement experiencing growing pains Updated: Sep-01-15 12:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Hundreds of Black Lives Matter activists, black and white, marched outside the Minnesota State Fair this weekend, hoping to bring attention to the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of police.
- Trumka: Democratic field 'still wide open,' Biden has time Updated: Sep-01-15 11:05 am
WASHINGTON - AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka says the Democratic presidential campaign is "still wide open" and Vice President Joe Biden has time to join the field.
- Selznick, Franzen, Kaling among authors with books this fall Updated: Sep-01-15 8:16 am
NEW YORK - Brian Selznick and Edwidge Danticat, authors of two of fall's most anticipated works for young people, both know something about living in multiple worlds.
- Clinton, aides stressed protecting State Dept info in email Updated: Sep-01-15 1:59 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and her aides at the State Department were acutely aware of the need to protect sensitive information when discussing international affairs over email and other forms of unsecure electronic communication, according to the latest batch of messages released by the agency from Clinton's tenure as secretary of state.
- Legal experts see no criminal trouble for Clinton thus far Updated: Aug-31-15 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Experts in government secrecy law see almost no possibility of criminal action against Hillary Clinton or her top aides in connection with now-classified information sent over unsecure email while she was secretary of state, based on the public evidence thus far.
- Federal lawmakers announce $8.5M in FAA grants for airports Updated: Aug-31-15 5:24 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Members of Arkansas' congressional delegation have announced $8.5 million in Federal Aviation Administration grants to improve airports throughout the state.
- Shaheen to endorse Hillary Rodham Clinton for president Updated: Aug-31-15 9:32 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Democratic New Hampshire U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen is planning to endorse Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
- The Latest: Sanders says party needs huge voter turnout Updated: Aug-28-15 4:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Here are the latest developments Friday from the Democratic National Committee meeting in Minneapolis, where four Democratic presidential candidates are addressing the party.
- GOP candidate Trump to offer plan to overhaul US tax code Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is promising to offer a plan within a month to overhaul the tax system, calling himself "king of the tax code."
- Utah rally Saturday for GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 am
OREM, Utah - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is scheduled to be in Utah on Friday and Saturday for campaign events.
- Christie embarks on TV blitz to gain campaign traction Updated: Aug-27-15 7:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie embarked on a TV blitz Thursday as he works to gain traction in his 2016 Republican presidential primary campaign.
- Democratic Party lags in money before presidential year Updated: Aug-27-15 6:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Democratic National Committee barely has more cash than it does IOUs, and it is being outraised month after month by its Republican competitor.
- Clinton likens GOP's views on women to those of terrorists Updated: Aug-27-15 2:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday drew parallels between terrorist organizations and the field of Republican candidates for president when it comes to their views on women, telling an Ohio audience her potential GOP rivals were pushing "out of date" policies.
- Warren, coy on whether to seek re-election, stockpiles cash Updated: Aug-27-15 2:08 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is stockpiling campaign cash from liberal supporters across the country even though she hasn't committed to a 2018 re-election bid.
- Hillary Clinton heads to Cleveland for Ohio organizing event Updated: Aug-27-15 3:09 am
CLEVELAND - Hillary Clinton is making a campaign stop in Ohio to shore up early organizing efforts in the political battleground state.
- Watchdog: US Ambassador Kennedy used private email Updated: Aug-25-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - Senior staff at the U.S. Embassy to Japan, including Ambassador Caroline Kennedy, have used personal email accounts for official business, an internal watchdog said in a report Tuesday. Some emails contained sensitive information.
- Behar back on 'The View'; Cameron Bure, Faris also co-hosts Updated: Aug-25-15 3:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Joy Behar is returning to "The View" as a co-host, part of an overhauled panel that also will include newcomers Candace Cameron Bure and Paula Faris.
- Connecticut's Malloy campaigns in New Hampshire for Clinton Updated: Aug-24-15 4:56 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is campaigning in New Hampshire for two days on behalf of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.
- Obama sheds summer curse, just in time for daunting fall Updated: Aug-23-15 10:49 pm
EDGARTOWN, Massachusetts - President Barack Obama may have finally shed his summer curse - just in time for a daunting fall.