- Clinton and Lynch met privately at Phoenix airport Updated: Jun-30-16 1:56 pm
NEW YORK - Former President Bill Clinton spoke with Attorney General Loretta Lynch during an impromptu meeting in Phoenix, but Lynch said the discussion did not involve the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email use as secretary of state.
- SUPREME COURT NOTEBOOK: Thomas' dissents rise in nixed cases Updated: Jun-30-16 1:17 pm
WASHINGTON - One measure of Supreme Court justices' rising frustration is the number of times they can't recruit three colleagues to hear a case, then feel compelled to tell the world about it.
- The Latest: Trump's immigration plans panned on Capitol Hill Updated: Jun-30-16 12:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the U.S. presidential campaign (all times EDT):
- Trump hires Rep. Duffy's chief of staff in Wisconsin Updated: Jun-30-16 9:45 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Donald Trump has hired U.S. Rep. Sean Duffy's chief of staff to run his campaign in Wisconsin, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee's campaign told The Associated Press on Thursday.
- Hillary Clinton raising big dollars at tiny fundraisers Updated: Jun-30-16 3:55 am
WASHINGTON - A single elevator could have accommodated the donors who recently gathered with Hillary Clinton at home of the Pritzker family in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood. Small in number, the group was big in largesse, contributing at least $1 million to help elect her and other Democrats this fall.
- Aide: Clinton opposed private emails accessible to 'anybody' Updated: Jun-29-16 8:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Longtime Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin said in a legal proceeding that Clinton did not want the private emails that she mixed in with State Department emails on her private computer server to be accessible to "anybody," according to transcripts released Wednesday.
- Bernie Sanders inspires challenges to Democratic incumbents Updated: Jun-29-16 7:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Bernie Sanders movement is waning in the Democratic presidential race but is trickling into state politics as a slate of Sanders-inspired liberals is running to unseat incumbent Democrats in the General Assembly.
- The Latest: Canada Parliament wishes Obama 'four more years' Updated: Jun-29-16 7:29 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - The Latest on U.S. President Barack Obama's summit Wednesday with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto (all times local):
- The Latest: Nearly 250 people run for General Assembly seats Updated: Jun-29-16 7:25 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Latest on candidates running for the Rhode Island General Assembly (all times local):
- In ME, Trump strikes back at US Chamber on trade Updated: Jun-29-16 6:39 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Donald Trump struck back at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Wednesday in a mostly rural area in Maine, where his message of economic populism could earn him a vote in the Electoral College.
- 'Move on' from Benghazi? Republicans say it's unlikely Updated: Jun-29-16 6:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Clinton says it's "time to move on" after a congressional report on the deadly 2012 Benghazi attacks accused the Obama administration of lethal mistakes, but produced no new evidence pointing to wrongdoing by the former secretary of state.
- McAuliffe mocks GOP lawsuit over restoration of rights Updated: Jun-29-16 4:34 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said Wednesday he had little concern that Republicans would prevail in a lawsuit over his blanket restoration of voting and other rights to ex-felons, but added that even if the court ruled against him he would still prevail with several thousand strokes of his pen.
- Clinton raised $7.3M in Massachusetts to Trump's $105,000 Updated: Jun-29-16 3:42 pm
BOSTON - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton has raised more than $7.3 million from supporters in Massachusetts through the end of May, compared to the vastly smaller haul of $105,000 for presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.
- Wyoming US House candidates back Trump but enthusiasm varies Updated: Jun-29-16 2:31 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Donald Trump has essentially unanimous support among Republican candidates for Wyoming's lone U.S. House seat but enthusiasm for the billionaire New Yorker ranges from wholehearted to tepid and hesitant to get on board before Trump formally gets nominated.
- Obama to join Clinton on campaign trail in Charlotte Updated: Jun-29-16 11:16 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - President Barack Obama and presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton are traveling to North Carolina to campaign together next week.
- Trump gets rock-bottom ratings in international survey Updated: Jun-29-16 9:54 am
WASHINGTON - A new multi-nation survey finds that confidence in Donald Trump's ability to manage foreign policy should he become U.S. president is rock-bottom in a host of countries in Europe and Asia.
- Sanders worries Trump is benefiting politically from Brexit Updated: Jun-29-16 7:13 am
WASHINGTON - Sen. Bernie Sanders is arguing that "the global economy is not working for the majority of people in our country and the world."
- 3 incumbent GOP state legislators lose primaries Updated: Jun-28-16 11:05 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - All five of Oklahoma's U.S. House members easily beat back Republican primary challengers on Tuesday and advanced to November's general election, while U.S. Rep. Jim Bridenstine in Tulsa automatically retains his 1st District seat with his victory.
- Clinton proposes debt forgiveness to young entrepreneurs Updated: Jun-28-16 10:52 pm
DENVER - Hillary Clinton on Tuesday proposed letting entrepreneurs defer making student loan payments in order to create jobs and stimulate growth.
- The Latest: Darryl Glenn wins GOP primary for US Senate Updated: Jun-28-16 9:44 pm
DENVER - The Latest on Colorado's primary election (all times local):
- Colorado Republicans choose a challenger to Sen. Bennet Updated: Jun-28-16 4:55 pm
DENVER - With last-minute appeals to Colorado's Republican voters, five candidates sought the top prize in Tuesday's primary: The right to challenge incumbent Democratic U.S. Sen. Michael Bennet, once considered among the most vulnerable of Senate Democrats but stronger now with millions in the bank.
- Walker says he hasn't been invited to speak at convention Updated: Jun-28-16 3:04 pm
PEWAUKEE, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he has not been invited to speak at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland next month and he doesn't know if he will get a slot.
- The Latest: State Dept: Benghazi outpost was no mistake Updated: Jun-28-16 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on the House GOP Benghazi report, released Tuesday (all times local):
- Clinton on Benghazi report: Time to 'move on' Updated: Jun-28-16 2:06 pm
DENVER - Hillary Clinton said Tuesday the nation should move on after Republicans on the House Benghazi Committee released a report critical of the slow response to the deadly 2012 attacks at the U.S. diplomatic outpost in Libya.
- Comparison of congressional reports on 2012 Benghazi attack Updated: Jun-28-16 12:16 pm
WASHINGTON - A comparison of key findings in investigations into the 2012 attacks on the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya that killed U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans: