- Next up: New Hampshire set to vote in nation's first primary Updated: Feb-08-16 4:29 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - It's been 100 years since New Hampshire held its first presidential primary, and it seems like some of the current candidates have been hanging around for nearly that long. More than a few started popping up a full two years before Tuesday's state election, and nearly all have spent recent months hosting town hall meetings, holding rallies and meeting voters.
- Siena poll shows Clinton, Trump favored among NY voters Updated: Feb-08-16 10:44 am
ALBANY, New York - A new poll shows Hillary Clinton favored by registered New York Democrats while Donald Trump leads among Republicans voters in the state.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Feb-08-16 10:18 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- Former Maryland Lt. Gov. Brown endorses Clinton Updated: Feb-08-16 9:51 am
BOWIE, Maryland - Former Maryland Lt. Gov. Anthony Brown is endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.
- Debate Takeaways: Rubio shaken, Trump not stirred Updated: Feb-08-16 7:51 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - There have been no higher stakes on a Republican debate stage in the 2016 campaign for president than there were Saturday night.
- Clinton making a personal pitch to New Hampshire voters Updated: Feb-08-16 3:20 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - From a Michigan pulpit to New Hampshire's town halls, Hillary Clinton is working to establish a personal connection with voters as she faces an increasingly difficult struggle against Bernie Sanders for the Democratic nomination.
- Bernie Sanders makes 'SNL' appearance with Larry David Updated: Feb-07-16 12:59 am
NEW YORK - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders made a cameo appearance on "Saturday Night Live" three days before the New Hampshire primary, appearing in a skit with host Larry David, the comic who has done a dead-on impersonation of him.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- NYC council speaker campaigns for Clinton in New Hampshire Updated: Feb-06-16 11:54 am
NEW YORK - New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito is traveling to New Hampshire to campaign for Hillary Clinton.
- Beacon Hill lawmakers head north for New Hampshire primary Updated: Feb-06-16 9:56 am
BOSTON - The New Hampshire primary is just days away and that can only mean one thing in neighboring Massachusetts - a mass exodus of elected officials from Beacon Hill to the frozen north to stump for the candidate of their choice.
- Chelsea Clinton campaigning for her mother in South Carolina Updated: Feb-06-16 8:49 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - One of Hillary Clinton's top surrogates is making a solo campaign trip to South Carolina.
- Casey campaigning in New Hampshire for Hillary Clinton Updated: Feb-06-16 3:01 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey is heading to New Hampshire to campaign for Hillary Clinton ahead of that state's first-in-the-nation primary on Tuesday.
- Snyder defends office's handling of Legionnaires' outbreak Updated: Feb-05-16 9:58 pm
FLINT, Michigan - Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder on Friday defended how his office responded to an email flagging a potential link between a surge in Legionnaires' disease and Flint's water, saying an aide asked for further investigation but a state agency did not bring forward the issue again.
- Arkansas legislative black caucus members endorse Clinton Updated: Feb-05-16 7:01 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The chairwoman and several members of the Arkansas Legislative Black Caucus are backing Hillary Clinton's bid for the Democratic presidential nomination.
- Can Cruz legally be president? Ivy League scholars debate Updated: Feb-05-16 5:12 pm
BOSTON - Two legal scholars squared off in a public debate on Friday to settle whether Republican Ted Cruz is eligible to become president. Spoiler alert: They didn't settle it.
- AP FACT CHECK: Clinton, Sanders missteps Updated: Feb-05-16 3:08 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest Democratic debate found Hillary Clinton in a defensive crouch about her Wall Street ties and making iffy claims about that longtime relationship. Rival Bernie Sanders offered a fumbling account of a campaign ad that boasted of endorsements that were bogus.
- Former President Bill Clinton in Nevada to boost caucus Updated: Feb-05-16 1:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Campaign officials say former President Bill Clinton will headline rallies in Las Vegas and rural Nye County to support presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton and boost enthusiasm ahead of the Feb. 20 state Democratic caucus.
- Roberts: Partisan confirmation fights hurt court's image Updated: Feb-04-16 7:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Chief Justice John Roberts says he is concerned that partisan political battles over Supreme Court nominations have led to a widespread misunderstanding about the role of the court.
- State IG: Classified email found from Powell, Rice tenures Updated: Feb-04-16 6:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Secretary of State Colin Powell and the immediate staff of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice also received classified national security information on their personal email accounts, according to a memo written by the State Department watchdog that was released Thursday.
- Obama health care law posts respectable sign-up season Updated: Feb-04-16 5:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Still facing political jeopardy, President Barack Obama's health care law beat expectations by earning solid sign-ups this year, according to figures released Thursday by the administration.
- Louisiana Senate race draws its first Democratic candidate Updated: Feb-04-16 4:51 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's U.S. Senate race has its first Democratic contender.
- US struggling to build anti-Islamic State strategy in Libya Updated: Feb-04-16 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is struggling to find the right mix of military and diplomatic moves to stop the Islamic State in Libya, where the extremist group has taken advantage of the political chaos in the country to gain a foothold with worrying implications for the U.S. and Europe - particularly Italy, just 300 miles away.
- Chelsea Clinton campaigns for mother in Minnesota Updated: Feb-04-16 8:56 am
MINNEAPOLIS - As Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders battle ahead of the New Hampshire primary, Clinton's daughter Chelsea urged voters in Minnesota to consider her mother's record on key issues, including expanded health care, women's reproductive rights and equal pay.
- Vermont Gov. Shumlin, former Gov. Kunin to stump for Clinton Updated: Feb-04-16 5:05 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin and former Gov. Madeleine Kunin are going to be campaigning for Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire.
- Chelsea Clinton will raise money for mom in Columbus Updated: Feb-04-16 3:05 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Chelsea Clinton is appearing at a private gathering later this month to raise money for her mother's presidential campaign.