- What to know about 'BernieCare,' Sanders' health overhaul Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 am
WASHINGTON - The most ambitious "repeal and replace" health care plan from a presidential candidate comes from Sen. Bernie Sanders, not from a Republican.
- Rubio to hold rally in Guntersville on Tuesday Updated: Nov-28-15 6:15 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican Marco Rubio is bringing his presidential campaign to Alabama on Tuesday.
- Hillary Clinton plans fundraising stop in Tulsa Updated: Nov-27-15 3:25 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is planning a fundraising stop early next month in Tulsa.
- Presidential contenders differ sharply on climate, Updated: Nov-27-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders calls climate change the greatest threat to national security. Front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton promises to install more than 500 million solar panels across the country.
- Local free community college plans may be template for US Updated: Nov-27-15 12:35 pm
CHICAGO - An economic engine. A jumpstart for lower-income students. A partnership with businesses to groom a workforce. The idea of free community college has been touted as all these, by President Barack Obama, Democratic presidential candidates, and some Republicans.
- Obama still pondering death penalty's role in justice system Updated: Nov-27-15 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Even as President Barack Obama tries to make a hard case for overhauling sentences, rehabilitating prisoners and confronting racial bias in policing, he has been less clear about the death penalty.
- Bill Clinton opening fundraising spree for wife's campaign Updated: Nov-25-15 2:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Former President Bill Clinton is going on a fundraising swing reminiscent of his presidential campaigns of the 1990s. But this time he's doing it for his wife.
- Brian Williams settles into new job at MSNBC Updated: Nov-25-15 11:19 am
NEW YORK - Coming out of a commercial break shortly before 11:20 a.m., Brian Williams had slipped into the anchor chair on MSNBC Tuesday as President Barack Obama met with French President Francois Hollande.
- Clinton sets mid-December organizing event in Minneapolis Updated: Nov-25-15 9:07 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is planning a mid-December campaign stop in Minnesota.
- Rubio finesses abortion stance criticized by Democrats Updated: Nov-25-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - When Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio staked out a hard-line position on abortion in the first GOP debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton took notice.
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday Updated: Nov-25-15 12:01 am
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
- Clinton to speak in Montgomery for Bus Boycott anniversary Updated: Nov-24-15 8:09 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Hillary Clinton will headline an event commemorating the 60th anniversary of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- Sanders outlines plan to overhaul immigration laws Updated: Nov-24-15 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders vowed Tuesday to create a "humane" immigration system and said if elected he would expand upon President Barack Obama's executive actions within the first 100 days of assuming the presidency.
- Since '01, Clintons collected $35M from financial businesses Updated: Nov-24-15 4:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton wants voters to know she is no friend of Wall Street. But Wall Street has frequently been a friend to her.
- NC elections head steps down as 2016 election cycle revs up Updated: Nov-24-15 3:36 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The head of North Carolina's statewide elections board is resigning just as the 2016 election cycle starts with candidates filing for ballot places next month, he said Tuesday.
- NYC council speaker organizes Latinas for Clinton Updated: Nov-23-15 6:48 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito is helping launch a Latina-to-Latina phone-banking program for Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Republicans' tough Senate map gets another twist Updated: Nov-23-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans' plans to defend their Senate majority in 2016 just got a bit more complicated.
- $160B deal to combine Pfizer and Allergan raises outcry Updated: Nov-23-15 4:57 pm
A $160 billion deal announced Monday to merge Pfizer and Allergan and create the world's biggest drug company renewed the outcry in Washington over "inversions," in which U.S. corporations combine with companies overseas to lower their tax bill.
- Ex-Benghazi panel staffer files new claim against Gowdy Updated: Nov-23-15 4:23 pm
WASHINGTON - A former Republican staffer fired from the House Benghazi committee filed a lawsuit against the panel's GOP chairman Monday in an escalating dispute over the investigation of the 2012 deadly attacks in Benghazi, Libya.
- Clinton, Sanders oppose Pfizer-Allergan deal Updated: Nov-23-15 2:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bernie Sanders are bashing plans by Pfizer and Allergan to join together in a $160 billion deal that will create the world's largest drugmaker.
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to defeat Islamic State Updated: Nov-23-15 11:07 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The United States is seeking new military, counterterrorism and diplomatic ideas to destroy the Islamic State group faster, Secretary of State John Kerry said Monday, acknowledging the difficulty in eliminating extremists who've exploited four years of chaos in the Middle East to become a global threat. He said greater military cooperation with Russia was possible under the right circumstances.
- AP FACT CHECK: Most GOP candidates flunk climate science Updated: Nov-22-15 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - When it comes to climate science, two of the three Democratic presidential candidates are A students, while most of the Republican contenders are flunking, according to a panel of scientists who reviewed candidates' comments.
- Experts foresee big premium increases for Medicare drug plan Updated: Nov-22-15 9:52 am
WASHINGTON - With time running out on open enrollment season, many seniors are facing sharply higher premiums for Medicare's popular prescription drug program. The reason: rising drug costs have overtaken a long stretch of stable premiums.
- Nearly 60 candidates sign up for New Hampshire primary Updated: Nov-21-15 3:23 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A near-record 58 White House hopefuls - from favored frontrunners to a dark horse running on a pony-heavy platform - have signed up to be on the ballot for the New Hampshire primary.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Nov-21-15 10:38 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers: