- More than 1 million expected at pope's Mass in South America Updated: Jul-06-15 11:23 am
GUAYAQUIL, Ecuador - Latin America's first pope arrived in this port city on Monday for the first big event of a three-nation tour where he's set compassion for the weak and respect for the environment as central themes.
- The Latest: Pope makes surprise foray outside his residence Updated: Jul-05-15 9:44 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- Pope Francis on home turf urges defense of poor and planet Updated: Jul-05-15 9:16 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Latin America's first pope returned to Spanish-speaking South America for the first time Sunday, stressing the need to protect the poor and the environment from exploitation and to foster dialogue among all sectors of society.
- Papal visit puts Andes presidents' eco-record under scrutiny Updated: Jul-04-15 12:09 am
AGUARAGUE NATIONAL PARK, Bolivia - In the vine-entangled forests of the Aguarague National Park, crude that seeped for decades out of abandoned wellheads saturates the soil and has stained the bedrock of creeks that provide water to the indigenous Guarani who live nearby.
- 3 days before pope visit, Ecuador protests aim at president Updated: Jul-02-15 9:58 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Thousands of people turned out for protest marches across Ecuador on Thursday to call for the ouster of President Rafael Correa just three days before a visit by Pope Francis.