- ND Democrat Heitkamp backs Obama on Iran nuclear deal Updated: Sep-03-15 4:48 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Democratic U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp announced her support Thursday for President Barack Obama's Iran nuclear deal, a politically risky move in a Republican-dominated state where she is weighing a run for governor.
- Man who got life for marijuana charge goes free in Missouri Updated: Sep-01-15 7:40 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A man sentenced to life without parole on a marijuana-related charge was freed Tuesday from a Missouri prison after being behind bars for more than two decades - a period in which the nation's attitudes toward pot steadily softened.
- New Orleans woman among White House fellows Updated: Aug-24-15 6:32 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A New Orleans woman is among the 2015-2016 class of White House Fellows.
- Editorials from around Ohio Updated: Aug-10-15 5:20 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from Ohio newspapers:
- On anniversary, Obama says too few use hard-won voting right Updated: Aug-06-15 5:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Marking the 50th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act, President Barack Obama remembered the African-American men and women across the South who won their rights through persistence and courage, and he urged citizens today not to give up that hard-earned power of the ballot.