- Russian prosecutors scoff at Baltics independence probe Updated: Jul-01-15 3:38 pm
MOSCOW - A request by Russian lawmakers to check the legality of Soviet recognition of the independence of three ex-Soviet Baltic republics makes no sense, the Prosecutor General's office said Wednesday.
- Russia-US ties alive and well at Iran nuclear talks Updated: Jul-01-15 3:25 am
VIENNA - Russia-U.S. relations are at a post-Cold War low just about everywhere, except at the Iran nuclear talks.
- AP News in Brief at 5:58 a.m. EDT Updated: Jun-30-15 6:10 am
Crunch time in Greece as bailout due to expire, IMF loan due with no deal in sight
- French minister: No new target date for Iran nuclear talks Updated: Jun-29-15 11:08 am
UNITED NATIONS - Negotiators trying to rein in Iran's nuclear program have decided not to set a new target date to conclude talks, France's foreign minister said Monday, and he warned that if an agreement isn't "very robust" other countries in the Middle East will seek to develop nuclear weapons.
- Putin urges all to fight IS group, backs Syria's Assad Updated: Jun-29-15 10:58 am
MOSCOW - In a surprise meeting with Syria's foreign minister, Russian President Vladimir Putin pledged his support Monday for Syrian President Bashar Assad and called on all Middle East nations to join forces to fight Islamic State militants.
- Putin: US and France will hush up eavesdropping scandal Updated: Jun-25-15 10:24 am
MOSCOW - Russian President Vladimir Putin says he expects the United States and France will try to quickly contain an uproar caused by WikiLeaks' revelations that the NSA was eavesdropping on three French presidents.
- Diplomats seek to calm Ukraine fighting, break stalemate Updated: Jun-23-15 6:11 pm
PARIS - The foreign ministers of Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany tried Tuesday to revive high-end diplomatic efforts to end the conflict in eastern Ukraine, amid escalating fighting that is throwing doubts on a shaky peace accord.
- Russia rejects US accusations of nuclear treaty breach Updated: Jun-09-15 9:59 am
MOSCOW - Russia on Tuesday pledged adherence to a Cold War-era nuclear treaty and rejected U.S. accusations that it had violated it.