- Gulf Arabs welcome Iran nuke deal but seek further assurance Updated: Aug-03-15 11:05 am
DOHA, Qatar - Gulf Arab states on Monday welcomed the nuclear deal negotiated between Iran and world powers but said they would like further assurances that the U.S. would help them counter increasing Iranian assertiveness in the region.
- Top Russian, US and Saudi diplomats to meet in Qatar Updated: Aug-01-15 7:29 am
MOSCOW - Russia's foreign minister has scheduled a trilateral meeting in Qatar with his U.S. and Saudi counterparts.
- Kerry off to Mideast with Egypt, Iran deal, Syria on agenda Updated: Jul-31-15 11:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry headed to the Middle East on Friday for security talks in Egypt and discussions in Qatar with Arab foreign ministers whose countries are wary of the nuclear deal struck with Iran.
- After diplomatic disappointments, Iran deal vindicates Kerry Updated: Jul-18-15 8:01 am
WASHINGTON - For John Kerry, vindication came at midnight.
- US, Iran roll the dice diplomatically and get a nuclear deal Updated: Jul-18-15 12:46 am
WASHINGTON - The talks themselves were a groundbreaking and risky proposition when U.S. and Iranian officials met secretly in the sleepy Arab kingdom of Oman, archenemies feinting for a diplomatic opening. The opposing sides had barely spoken to one another in three-plus decades.
- Iran nuclear deal: Fine 'new chapter' or 'historic mistake'? Updated: Jul-14-15 10:16 pm
VIENNA - Overcoming decades of hostility, Iran, the United States, and five other world powers struck a historic accord Tuesday to check Tehran's nuclear efforts short of building a bomb. The agreement could give Iran access to billions in frozen assets and oil revenue, stave off more U.S. military action in the Middle East and reshape the tumultuous region.