- Bour and Stanton each drive in 3, Marlins top Cubs 9-6 Updated: Jun-25-16 9:43 pm
MIAMI - Ichiro Suzuki slapped a ground ball toward the left side of the infield, then hustled down the line to first just in case the throw didn't get there in time.
- A rare sort of loss for Cubs, who fall to Marlins 9-6 Updated: Jun-25-16 8:29 pm
MIAMI - After his team lost for the fifth time in its last six games, Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon gave a highly detailed list of all the things that concern him right now.
- Cardinals beat Arrieta, Cubs 7-2 to complete 3-game sweep Updated: Jun-22-16 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - When the St. Louis Cardinals arrived at Wrigley Field for a three-game series, manager Mike Matheny shook off questions about their 12 1/2-game deficit to the surging Cubs by insisting he avoids looking at the standings.
- Prospect Contreras homers in 1st at-bat, Cubs sweep Pirates Updated: Jun-20-16 12:36 am
CHICAGO - Prized prospect Willson Contreras received a standing ovation as he made his way to the plate in the sixth inning for his first major league at-bat.
- Nationals outlast Cubs in 12 innings, 5-4 Updated: Jun-15-16 9:38 pm
- Lester allows no earned runs as Cubs rout Braves 13-2 Updated: Jun-12-16 6:26 pm
ATLANTA - Jon Lester stopped himself as he started to say he hoped the Cubs could keep winning at their current pace.
- Cubs' Anthony Rizzo removed from lineup with back tightness Updated: Jun-10-16 5:17 pm
ATLANTA - First baseman Anthony Rizzo has been scratched from the Chicago Cubs' lineup against the Atlanta Braves due to back tightness.
- Corbin, Diamondbacks end Arrieta's win streak, beat Cubs 3-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:52 pm
CHICAGO - Patrick Corbin knew what he was up against, with the Diamondbacks trying to snap Jake Arrieta's historic win streak and avoid a sweep by the major league-leading Cubs.
- Arrieta's win streak ends at 20, Diamondbacks beat Cubs 3-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:13 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta had been winning at such a remarkable rate it was almost jarring to see the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner lose a game.
- Hendricks sharp, Cubs break loose with 4 HRs, beat Dodgers Updated: Jun-02-16 6:41 pm
CHICAGO - Kyle Hendricks is suddenly pitching deep into games and dominating while he's doing it. His latest outing was about as impressive as the complete game he threw in his previous start.
- Cubs dominate early NL All-Star voting Updated: Jun-02-16 12:29 am
CHICAGO - Addison Russell got an update on the All-Star voting from his wife, Melisa. "She was making me blush a little bit," a grinning Russell said.
- Sager surrounded by family for memorable return to Wrigley Updated: Jun-02-16 12:15 am
CHICAGO - Craig Sager carried around a picture from his childhood with Billy Williams, and he showed it to the Hall of Fame slugger in the home dugout at Wrigley Field. He introduced his family to Cubs manager Joe Maddon and posed for a group picture with the iconic outfield serving as a backdrop.
- Dodgers shut down by Cubs bullpen in 1-hit defeat Updated: May-30-16 10:18 pm
CHICAGO - Coming off a long night with little sleep, the Los Angeles Dodgers got a needed break when starter Jason Hammel left with cramps after two innings.
- Zobrist, Montero homer, Lackey sharp as Cubs sweep Phillies Updated: May-29-16 6:52 pm
CHICAGO - Joe Maddon has managed teams that eased up on what he calls "sweep day."