- In Utah speech, Dalai Lama says actions spread compassion Updated: Jun-22-16 12:56 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Dalai Lama delivered his message of peace and compassion Tuesday to thousands of people during a visit to Utah that included a luncheon with the governor and a planned meeting with senior Mormon leaders.
- The Latest: Dalai Lama encourages Utah crowd to build peace Updated: Jun-21-16 5:36 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on the Dalai Lama speaking at the University of Utah: (all times local):
- Dalai Lama says California's diversity can promote peace Updated: Jun-20-16 9:06 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's diversity of race, culture and religion provide an opportunity to promote peace and compassion, the Dalai Lama told state lawmakers Monday in a speech during a joint session of the Legislature.
- Obama, Dalai Lama anger China with White House meeting Updated: Jun-15-16 3:13 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama thanked the Dalai Lama on Wednesday for offering condolences after 49 people were killed in the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history, as the pair once again angered China by meeting at the White House.
- Professor warns Utah officials not to meet with Dalai Lama Updated: Jun-14-16 9:59 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A Weber State University professor who helped broker Utah's relations with China is warning state officials they should not meet with the Dalai Lama when he visits Utah next week.
- Recent editorials published in Indiana newspapers Updated: Jun-14-16 10:01 am
The (Bloomington) Herald-Times. June 9, 2016
- Bill Murray to receive top US comedy prize at Kennedy Center Updated: Jun-13-16 11:49 am
WASHINGTON - Though he long ago transitioned from zany comedy into poignant, seriocomic roles, Bill Murray never stopped making people laugh, and now he's being honored with the nation's top prize for humor.
- John Lewis to receive Liberty Medal for civil rights work Updated: Jun-02-16 2:20 pm
PHILADELPHIA - U.S. Rep. John Lewis will be honored with Philadelphia's Liberty Medal for his dedication to civil rights.