- The Latest: UK lawmaker wants Parliament to overturn EU vote Updated: Jun-25-16 2:27 pm
LONDON - The Latest on Britain's historic vote to leave the European Union (all times local):
- Britain, EU at odds over timing of divorce talks Updated: Jun-25-16 2:19 pm
LONDON - The European Union wants a quickie divorce, but Britain wants time to think things over.
- EU's founding members say talks on UK exit needed urgently Updated: Jun-25-16 9:31 am
BERLIN - Foreign ministers of the European Union's founding members on Saturday urged quick negotiations about Britain's departure from the bloc, saying the other 27 countries in the union need to move ahead and think about the future.
- The Latest: Delegate files suit to avoid voting for Trump Updated: Jun-24-16 11:01 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the U.S. presidential campaign (all times EDT):
- Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU Updated: Jun-24-16 5:22 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama tried to reassure Britons Friday that the special relationship between Washington and London would withstand an impending and likely messy divorce from Europe, as his administration scrambled to assess the fallout.
- Reactions to Britain's vote to leave the European Union Updated: Jun-24-16 1:01 pm
"Damn! A bad day for Europe." - Sigmar Gabriel, Germany's vice chancellor and economy minister, on Twitter.
- Amid campaign worries, Trump to check on courses in Scotland Updated: Jun-23-16 8:21 am
NEW YORK - Facing questions about meager fundraising, slipping poll numbers and campaign instability, Donald Trump is tending to business - in Scotland.
- French, Austrian right-wingers assail EU, mass migration Updated: Jun-17-16 11:14 am
VIENNA - Austria's right-wing leader warned migrants Friday that Europe is ready to send them packing, as he and his French ally assailed the European Union and demanded it cede authority to member nations.
- Mainland EU wants Britain to stay - but not at any cost Updated: Jun-17-16 7:53 am
THIEPVAL, France - Side by side, row by row, French and British graves pay tribute to two nations standing united a century ago in one of the defining battles of World War I.
- British Labour lawmaker dies after shooting attack Updated: Jun-16-16 5:39 pm
LONDON - A lawmaker who campaigned for Britain to stay in the European Union was killed Thursday by a gun- and knife-wielding attacker in her small-town constituency, a tragedy that brought the country's fierce, divisive referendum campaign to a shocked standstill.
- Across the world, shock and condemnation at Orlando massacre Updated: Jun-13-16 3:43 pm
From across the world, officials and public figures are expressing condemnation and shock over the Florida mass shooting at the Pulse Orlando nightclub on Sunday, when police say a gunman wielding an assault-type rifle opened fire, killing at least 49 people and wounding dozens.
- Germany's Merkel meets Chinese premier amid trade worries Updated: Jun-13-16 7:45 am
BEIJING - China recognizes European concerns about overcapacity in its steel sector, but believes that is a symptom of the falloff in global demand, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang said Monday.
- Germany's Merkel renews call for speedy US-Europe trade deal Updated: Jun-08-16 1:04 pm
BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel is renewing her call for quick progress toward a U.S.-Europe trade deal.
- German lawmaker wears Boateng shirt to parliament in support Updated: Jun-08-16 8:00 am
BERLIN - A lawmaker for Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative party has attended a state parliament meeting wearing the jersey of Germany soccer player Jerome Boateng - showing support for the player after a nationalist politician reportedly said many people wouldn't want him as a neighbor.
- Turkey recalls Germany ambassador after genocide vote Updated: Jun-02-16 3:14 pm
BERLIN - Germany's parliament overwhelmingly voted Thursday to label the killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks a century ago as genocide, prompting Turkey to recall its ambassador to Germany.
- News Guide: German vote recognizing Armenian genocide Updated: Jun-02-16 7:25 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Germany's Parliament voted Thursday to label the killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks a century ago as genocide.
- Swiss inaugurate $12 billion rail tunnel, world's longest Updated: Jun-01-16 5:20 pm
GENEVA - Just like Hannibal in ancient times, Swiss engineers have conquered the Alps.
- German Cabinet approves new anti-terrorism measures Updated: Jun-01-16 6:04 am
BERLIN - Germany's interior minister says Chancellor Angela Merkel's Cabinet has approved a package of new measures to help fight terrorism.
- German, French leaders mark 100 years since Battle of Verdun Updated: May-29-16 12:45 pm
VERDUN, France - In solemn ceremonies Sunday in the forests of eastern France, French President Francois Hollande and German Chancellor Angela Merkel marked 100 years since the Battle of Verdun, determined to show that, despite the bloodbath of World War I, their countries' improbable friendship is now a source of hope for today's fractured Europe.
- The Latest: Hollande in World War I speech: Protect Europe Updated: May-29-16 11:54 am
VERDUN, France - The Latest on the ceremonies commemorating the Battle of Verdun in World War I (all times local):
- German rhetoric on Afghan migrants doesn't meet reality Updated: May-29-16 5:13 am
BERLIN - The 75 people stuffed onto the small dinghy watched with horror as the water flowed in, eventually covering bags filled with clothes and mementos from the devastated homes they were fleeing. Jawad, a 25-year-old Afghan, prayed as he huddled with his wife, daughter and infant son.
- The Latest: G-7 wants to close gaps on fighting extremism Updated: May-27-16 1:03 am
ISE, Japan - The latest news on the Group of Seven summit in Japan, where the leaders of the seven advanced economies are meeting for two days (all times local):