- A look at where Senate Democrats stand on the Iran deal Updated: Aug-25-15 2:14 pm
Congress will vote next month on a resolution to disapprove of the White House-backed nuclear deal struck with Iran by the U.S., Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany. The deal aims to dismantle Iran's nuclear capabilities in exchange for billions in international sanctions relief.
- Iran deal picks up support following Reid's endorsement Updated: Aug-24-15 11:48 am
WASHINGTON - With Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid on board, the nuclear agreement between Iran and six world powers is picking up momentum to survive fierce opposition from Republican and Israeli opponents.
- Initiative announced to oppose Canadian nuclear waste plan Updated: Aug-19-15 11:02 am
FLINT, Michigan - A member of Congress wants people in Michigan to share opposition to a Canadian proposal to store nuclear waste underground less than a mile from the Lake Huron shore.
- U. of Michigan gets $4 million for research into estuaries Updated: Aug-18-15 11:21 am
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - The University of Michigan is getting nearly $4 million for research into the conservation of estuaries.
- 2 Michigan airports getting federal funding for upgrades Updated: Aug-13-15 11:25 am
ESCANABA, Michigan - Two Michigan airports are getting U.S. Department of Transportation support for upgrades.
- Michigan lawmakers seek study on Canadian nuclear waste plan Updated: Aug-10-15 7:58 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Members of Congress from Michigan announced a new effort Monday to prevent the burial of Canadian nuclear waste near the Lake Huron shore, calling for a study by an agency that represents both nations in boundary waters disputes.
- Traverse City's Cherry Capital Airport getting nearly $1.5M Updated: Aug-10-15 11:10 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Traverse City's Cherry Capital Airport is getting nearly $1.5 million in federal funding to help construct a taxiway and fix up its runway.
- Kalamazoo, Battle Creek airport gets $3.3M federal grant Updated: Aug-04-15 1:52 am
PORTAGE, Michigan - The Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport is getting a federal grant worth roughly $3.3 million to help with projects.