- Congress members back bills to phase out plastic microbeads Updated: May-26-15 3:01 pm
DETROIT - Two Michigan lawmakers say they and other members of Congress are sponsoring bipartisan legislation to protect the Great Lakes from the damaging effects of plastic microbeads found in some soaps and personal care products.
- Senate clears White House-backed trade bill Updated: May-23-15 4:33 am
WASHINGTON - In a victory for President Barack Obama, the Senate passed bipartisan legislation Friday night to strengthen the administration's hand in global trade talks, clearing the way for a highly unpredictable summer showdown in the House.
- Obama, Senate GOP work together on trade bill Updated: May-19-15 7:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration and Senate Republicans worked in unusual harmony Tuesday to advance major trade legislation opposed by many rank-and-file Democrats, an expanding struggle already leaving a mark on the 2016 campaigns for the White House and control of Congress.
- Senate passes resolution for release of Americans in Iran Updated: May-11-15 6:40 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Monday unanimously passed a resolution calling on Iranian officials to immediately release three Americans held in Iran and help locate a fourth.
- Michigan community health centers to get $5.1M federal funds Updated: May-06-15 6:43 am
WASHINGTON - Michigan's U.S. senators have announced $5.1 million in federal funding will go toward new community health centers and care in the state.