- Senate Democrats preparing legislative package to curb guns Updated: Oct-07-15 11:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats are preparing a legislative push to curb guns, a week after a mass shooting at an Oregon community college refocused attention on the nation's toll of firearms deaths.
- Senators want ban on vessel shipments of oil on Great Lakes Updated: Sep-23-15 4:50 pm
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - Michigan's U.S. senators are calling for a ban on shipments of crude oil by vessels on the Great Lakes.
- Government shutdown could cut off food stamps Updated: Sep-22-15 6:03 pm
WASHINGTON - A government shutdown Oct. 1 could immediately suspend or delay food stamp payments to some of the 46 million Americans who receive the food aid.
- Another food fight? Congress mulls school meal standards Updated: Sep-18-15 3:40 am
WASHINGTON - Congress is deciding whether it wants another pitched battle with first lady Michelle Obama and the administration over school lunches that put more whole grains in kids' meals and cut salty foods.
- More than $2.1 million to boost cleanup of Manistique River Updated: Sep-09-15 8:21 am
MANISTIQUE, Michigan - More than $2.1 million will help continue the cleanup of contaminated sediment from industrial waste in the Manistique River in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.