- Senators push for new Great Lakes heavy icebreaking ship Updated: Nov-21-15 4:01 am
DETROIT - Eight U.S. senators from the Great Lakes region are pushing for federal funding of a new icebreaking vessel to clear paths for winter cargo shipping.
- $1.3 million going to cost-benefit study about Soo Locks Updated: Nov-17-15 5:42 am
SAULT STE. MARIE, Michigan - Michigan's U.S. senators say more than $1.3 million is expected to go into a cost-benefit study that could lead to an additional shipping lock on the river that connects Lakes Huron and Superior.
- Maine senators say SEC should keep paper mutual fund reports Updated: Nov-15-15 8:30 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's senators are calling on the federal Securities and Exchange Commission to reconsider a proposed rule they say would hurt residents by eliminating a requirement that mutual fund information be delivered to investors in paper form.
- AP survey: Most Michigan superdelegates back Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 1:02 pm
DETROIT - Most of Michigan's superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention are backing Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Lawmakers ask Canadian leader to reject nuke waste plan Updated: Nov-06-15 8:11 am
DETROIT - Members of Congress from Michigan are urging Canada's newly elected prime minister not to allow burial of nuclear waste less than a mile from Lake Huron.