- The Latest: Ex-GOP lawmaker wins Railroad Commission runoff Updated: May-24-16 11:27 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - The Latest on Texas' primary runoff elections (all times local):
- Paxton spokesman: Indicted AG has not been asked to resign Updated: May-17-16 6:08 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, who faces felony charges of defrauding investors unrelated to his office, has the support of Gov. Greg Abbott and other state leaders and hasn't been asked to resign, a Paxton spokesman said Tuesday.
- Few solutions in wake of Texas school finance ruling Updated: May-15-16 12:24 pm
DALLAS - Now that it's clear Texas' complicated school finance system is here to stay, cash-strapped districts around the state must find a way to move forward - whether that's pressuring lawmakers for more money or finding a taste for raising property taxes.
- Cruz shuns Trump, GOP unity; says 'challenges' may lie ahead Updated: May-14-16 7:05 pm
DALLAS - Ted Cruz on Saturday used his first speech since dropping out of the presidential race not to endorse Donald Trump or urge Republican unity behind him, but to maintain that core conservatives can save America. Trump, the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, countered by deploying a top surrogate who did his best to woo skeptical Texas conservatives.
- Texas court finds school funding flawed but constitutional Updated: May-13-16 5:37 pm
DALLAS - Texas' school finance system is flawed but constitutional, the state Supreme Court unanimously ruled Friday, a surprising, years-in-the-making blow to 600-plus districts that sued to force the conservative Legislature to pump more cash into classrooms.
- The Latest: Texas AG sees end to 'parade' of school lawsuits Updated: May-13-16 1:21 pm
DALLAS - The Latest on the Texas Supreme Court upholding the state's school finance system (all times local):
- Top Texas Republicans gird for transgender bathroom fight Updated: May-12-16 5:20 pm
DALLAS - Top Republicans were anxious to bring the fight raging in North Carolina over transgender rights and public restrooms to America's largest conservative state, as thousands of party activists gathered Thursday for the Texas GOP convention.
- Texas' attorney general rebukes Fort Worth bathroom policy Updated: May-10-16 5:40 pm
FORT WORTH, Texas - Texas' attorney general says Fort Worth schools may be violating state education law with new restroom guidelines for transgender students.
- Secretary of Navy backs Reynolds' NFL bid with Ravens Updated: May-05-16 4:17 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Secretary of the Navy hopes to see Keenan Reynolds immediately pursue a career in the NFL.
- Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick baptized on trip to Israel Updated: May-01-16 12:54 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick has been baptized in the Jordan River while visiting Israel with officials from different states.