- Ex-Indiana Gov. Whitcomb recalled as someone who 'lived big' Updated: Feb-12-16 5:25 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana Gov. Edgar Whitcomb was remembered Friday as a patriot and a hero during a Statehouse memorial service that recalled his service during World War II and his escape from a Japanese prisoner camp as much as his time as the state's top executive.
- Correction: Indiana Dunes Privatization story Updated: Feb-12-16 3:33 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a Jan. 24 story about a development project at the Indiana Dunes State Park, The Associated Press, relying on information from online state campaign finance records, reported erroneously that Rep. Ed Soliday, R-Valparaiso, received a campaign donation of about $1,200 from Chuck Williams, a regional Republican Party official and the developer behind the project. In fact, Soliday paid Williams $1,194.30 to assist with voter turnout efforts, records show.
- GOP stunned Senate hopeful may be short of ballot signatures Updated: Feb-11-16 3:57 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Two of Indiana's top GOP lawmakers said Thursday that they were surprised to learn Congressman Todd Young may have failed to meet a state ballot requirement in his U.S. Senate campaign, with the Republican leader of the state Senate saying it may be "one of the most colossal mistakes I've ever seen."
- The Latest: Top Indiana lawmakers backing Holcomb selection Updated: Feb-09-16 3:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Latest on Indiana Gov. Mike Pence's pick to become the state's new lieutenant governor (all times local):
- Top House Democrat vows gay rights debate will continue Updated: Feb-04-16 4:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana House's top Democrat said Thursday that the gay rights debate in the Legislature isn't over, even though the Republican-dominated Senate abandoned an anti-discrimination measure this week.
- House approves cigarette, gas tax increase for road funds Updated: Feb-02-16 5:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana residents would pay more for gasoline and cigarettes but less in state income taxes under a bill the House has approved.