- State IG: Classified email found from Powell, Rice tenures Updated: Feb-04-16 6:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Former Secretary of State Colin Powell and the immediate staff of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice also received classified national security information on their personal email accounts, according to a memo written by the State Department watchdog that was released Thursday.
- Senate Democrats block energy bill in impasse over Flint Updated: Feb-04-16 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats on Thursday blocked the first bipartisan energy bill in almost a decade after majority Republicans balked over sending hundreds of millions of dollars in emergency aid to Flint, Michigan, to fix and replace the city's lead-contaminated pipes.
- Biden on GOP White House race: It's a 'gift from the Lord' Updated: Jan-28-16 6:48 pm
BALTIMORE - Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday likened the Republican presidential race to a "gift from the Lord" for Democrats trying to win control of the House and Senate.
- Iconoclastic presidential hopefuls worry Dems, GOP in House Updated: Jan-28-16 11:39 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders are energizing voters as the first balloting of the 2016 presidential race nears. The maverick contenders also are alarming political operatives, fearing the damage each could wreak on House candidates come November.
- House Dems, who delivered for Obama, now diminished minority Updated: Jan-27-16 3:17 pm
BALTIMORE - House Democrats clawed their way into power and delivered a burst of historic legislation for President Barack Obama after he took office seven years ago. Now, in his final year, Obama is leaving them greatly diminished and confronting questions about whether their next generation of leaders can lead them back into the majority.
- Obama, Reid, Pelosi meet, discuss legislative priorities Updated: Jan-26-16 2:17 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and the top two Democrats in the Republican-led Congress are comparing notes on what they want to get done this year before lawmakers pivot to campaigning full-time for re-election.
- Abortion-rights group criticizes Pelosi over comments Updated: Jan-13-16 5:51 pm
WASHINGTON - A major abortion-rights group on Wednesday criticized House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi over what it called "disappointing and ill-advised" remarks, the second public rift in a year with a lawmaker such organizations have long considered one of their staunchest congressional allies.