- House approves GOP-led bill to boost Fed oversight Updated: Nov-19-15 3:10 pm
WASHINGTON - The Republican-controlled House approved a bill Thursday that supporters said would make the Federal Reserve more transparent and accountable, defying a veto threat.
- California Congressman Farr to retire after 20-plus years Updated: Nov-12-15 11:55 pm
FRESNO, California - Democratic U.S. Rep. Sam Farr of California will retire at the end of his term in 2017, ending a career in Congress spanning nearly a quarter-century, he announced Thursday.
- Pelosi on rare visit to Tibet by US congressional delegation Updated: Nov-12-15 5:56 am
BEIJING - U.S. House of Representatives Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi led a delegation of congressional Democrats on a rare trip by foreign politicians to Tibet, during a visit to China that included meetings with officials in Beijing.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Pelosi says next president a "she" Updated: Nov-05-15 3:50 pm
WASHINGTON - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi made a presidential prediction Thursday while talking about the budget.
- House Dem leader Pelosi leads congressional trip to China Updated: Nov-05-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and six other Democrats left Washington on Thursday for a trip to China that will focus on national and cyber security, climate change and human rights.
- Ex-Speaker Hastert's portrait removed from House hallway Updated: Nov-02-15 7:46 pm
WASHINGTON - New Speaker Paul Ryan has had a portrait of Dennis Hastert removed from a hallway outside the House chamber, just days after the former speaker pleaded guilty to breaking banking laws in a hush money scheme.
- The Latest: Lawmakers line up for photos with Paul Ryan Updated: Oct-29-15 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest developments in the changing of the guard in the House leadership, with Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin succeeding Rep. John Boehner of Ohio as speaker (all times local):
- New day for House as Paul Ryan becomes 54th speaker Updated: Oct-29-15 4:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Paul Ryan became the 54th speaker of the U.S. House on Thursday in a day of high political theater, a young new leader for a fractured Congress, charged with healing Republican divides and quieting the chaos of Capitol Hill.
- Ryan's win in Speaker vote - by the numbers Updated: Oct-29-15 2:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Rep. Paul Ryan won handily on Thursday, capturing 236 of the 432 votes cast for Speaker, but not every Republican backed the Wisconsin congressman.
- Budget Deal winners: Obama, Pentagon while tea partyers lose Updated: Oct-29-15 11:55 am
WASHINGTON - Count President Barack Obama, the Pentagon and new Speaker Paul Ryan as winners in the hard-fought budget deal between congressional leaders and the White House.
- Pomp and politics: How the US chooses a new House speaker Updated: Oct-28-15 4:32 pm
WASHINGTON - John Boehner, prone to shedding sentimental tears, will probably need his hankie Thursday. But you might catch him grinning, too, as he relinquishes the speaker's gavel and the burden of trying to herd defiant House Republicans.