- House GOP says it has the votes to disapprove of Iran deal Updated: Aug-03-15 1:22 pm
WASHINGTON - House Republicans said Monday that they have the GOP votes to disapprove of the Iran nuclear deal as Democrats stepped up their support of the agreement the Obama administration and other world powers negotiated with Tehran.
- Pelosi praises papal climate encyclical during Italy visit Updated: Aug-03-15 8:49 am
MILAN - Leading U.S. Democrat Nancy Pelosi on Monday called the pope's climate encyclical "an important new effective asset" in pushing forward policy to slow global warming by bringing aboard a new audience.
- Carter: Successful Iran nuclear deal better than strike Updated: Jul-29-15 7:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter said Wednesday that the U.S. armed forces stand ready to confront Iran, but told lawmakers that a successful implementation of the nuclear agreement with Tehran is preferable to a military strike.
- House leadership outline ticket plans for Pope's speech Updated: Jul-29-15 3:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Members of Congress will get one guest ticket for Pope Francis' speech in September and additional tickets to see the Pontiff on the West Front of the Capitol.
- Boehner calls challenge by Republican 'no big deal' Updated: Jul-29-15 3:42 pm
WASHINGTON - House Speaker John Boehner brushed aside a challenge to his tenure on Wednesday as the work of a lone dissident Republican amounting to "no big deal."
- The Latest: Indicted congressman rebuts corruption charges Updated: Jul-29-15 2:25 pm
PHILADELPHIA - The latest developments surrounding the indictment of U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah (all times local):
- Cuban dissidents feel sidelined as US focuses on state ties Updated: Jul-23-15 12:10 am
HAVANA - In the seven months since the U.S. and Cuba declared detente, American politicians have flooded Havana to see the sights, meet the country's new entrepreneurs and discuss the possible end of the U.S. trade embargo with leaders of the communist government.
- High-stakes lobbying on Iran deal; pressure for Congress Updated: Jul-19-15 2:24 pm
WASHINGTON - Israel's ambassador to the United States raced in and out of offices on Capitol Hill, trying to persuade lawmakers that the nuclear deal with Iran is a historic mistake.
- Race the clock: Key Democrats size up Obama's Iran deal Updated: Jul-17-15 3:20 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic lawmakers say they're going to make those 60 days count.
- White House seeks support at home and abroad for Iran deal Updated: Jul-16-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - At home and abroad, the White House courted support for a landmark nuclear deal with Iran on Thursday as congressional leaders in both parties pointed toward a politically charged showdown this fall over Republican attempts to scuttle the agreement.
- House Dem leader Pelosi backs Iran nuclear deal Updated: Jul-16-15 11:26 am
WASHINGTON - House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi said Thursday the nuclear deal negotiated by the United States, Iran and Western powers "will have my strong support."
- NY expands 'yes means yes' policy to private colleges Updated: Jul-07-15 2:32 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York state's private colleges and universities have a new sexual consent policy after Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed the measure into law Tuesday in an effort to combat campus sexual violence.