- Florida confirms birth defects after mom gets Zika abroad Updated: Jun-28-16 12:52 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida confirmed its first Zika-related case of microcephaly, in a child whose mother contracted the virus in Haiti, officials said Tuesday.
- With Rubio in, others step out of Florida's Senate race Updated: Jun-23-16 12:23 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio's decision to run for president set off a scramble to replace him. His last-minute decision to run for re-election set off another scramble.
- DIVIDED AMERICA: Gun views fractious even as fewer bear arms Updated: Jun-19-16 11:38 am
NEW YORK - Wherever you look in this nation born of a bloody revolution of musket fire, chances are there's sharp disagreement over firearms.
- Obama embraces Orlando families, appeals for gun controls Updated: Jun-16-16 8:28 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Embracing grieving Orlando families and appealing anew for national action, President Barack Obama claimed a threat to all Americans' security Thursday as a strong reason to tighten U.S. gun laws. Counterterror campaigns overseas, he declared, can never prevent all "lone wolf" attacks like the one that killed 49 people in Orlando.
- Obama calls on Democrats to develop sense of urgency Updated: Jun-03-16 8:38 pm
MIAMI - Wooing Democratic donors Friday in South Florida, President Barack Obama said the coming election is taking place in a "fascinating media environment" in which "strange things can happen" because celebrity and fame drive so much of the news coverage.