- Obama: Iran vote most important intl. debate since Iraq war Updated: Aug-05-15 3:57 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is casting a looming congressional vote on the Iran nuclear deal as the nation's most consequential foreign policy debate since the authorization of the Iraq war, a now unpopular decision that still reverberates through American politics.
- Obama, Netanyahu make dueling appeals on Iran to US Jews Updated: Aug-04-15 8:49 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made dueling appeals to the American Jewish community Tuesday as they sought to rally support for their opposing positions on the Iranian nuclear deal.
- News Guide: A look at the Iran nuclear deal and Congress Updated: Aug-04-15 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress' vote on the international accord to curb Iran's nuclear program in exchange for billions of dollars in sanction relief stands as the most crucial national security decision since lawmakers voted in 2002 to authorize the invasion of Iraq.
- Senate moves forward on 6-year highway, transit bill Updated: Jul-22-15 9:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate agreed Wednesday to take up a sweeping transportation bill a little over a week before states will face a cutoff of highway and transit aid in the middle of the summer construction season.
- Lawmakers back company responsible for decade-old Gulf leak Updated: Jul-16-15 4:40 am
WASHINGTON - Capitol Hill lawmakers from Louisiana have intervened on behalf of a New Orleans company that has failed to stop a decade-old oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico but lobbied for a refund of money reserved for spill containment work, according to letters obtained by The Associated Press through public records requests.
- Second company probed for air bag inflator malfunctions Updated: Jul-14-15 3:18 pm
DETROIT - The problem of exploding air bags could be widening beyond Japanese manufacturer Takata Corp.