- Power plant emissions rule draws criticism from both sides Updated: Aug-03-15 5:56 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - President Barack Obama's plan to curtail power-plant emissions generated tough talk Monday from candidates for governor in coal-producing Kentucky. Democrat Jack Conway vowed to derail the rule in court, and Republican Matt Bevin accused his rival of hypocrisy on the issue.
- AG candidates take hard-hitting campaign to Fancy Farm Updated: Aug-01-15 11:18 pm
FANCY FARM, Kentucky - Democrat Andy Beshear and Republican Whitney Westerfield traded pot shots Saturday at Kentucky's premier political showdown, where prosecutorial experience and claims of skipping work for pedicures spiced up their hard-hitting campaign for attorney general.
- Bevin saves jabs for Fancy Farm at annual political picnic Updated: Aug-01-15 6:34 pm
FANCY FARM, Kentucky - Matt Bevin went to Fancy Farm and brought back a selfie with Mitch McConnell and a T-shirt from James Comer.
- Opening arguments personal in Kentucky Attorney General race Updated: Jul-30-15 3:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Opening arguments in the campaign for Kentucky attorney general are laden with personal attacks, as Democrat Andy Beshear and Republican Whitney Westerfield seek to weaken each other before the November election.
- Study sees positive gains from 2012 prescription drug law Updated: Jul-27-15 4:02 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Prescriptions for painkillers and doctor-shopping by pill seekers have decreased since Kentucky passed legislation targeting prescription drug abuse, according to a University of Kentucky study.
- Report: State needs accountability in workforce development Updated: Jul-22-15 4:32 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The government spends $900 million a year to train Kentucky workers, yet just 8 percent of employers say the state's workforce has "good skills" according to a new report from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
- Officials unveil plan to improve oral health in eastern Ky. Updated: Jul-21-15 4:14 am
MCKEE, Kentucky - Kentucky officials have announced a plan to improve oral health in eastern Kentucky by recruiting more dentists to the region.
- McConnell to attend Fancy Farm picnic Updated: Jul-21-15 4:09 am
SHEPHERDSVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Republicans will have their longtime standard-bearer at this year's Fancy Farm picnic.
- 5 questions about Kentucky's Medicaid expansion Updated: Jul-19-15 9:34 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear expanded the state's Medicaid program under the Affordable Care Act. The federal government pays for 100 percent of the expansion until 2017, when state governments begin sharing the cost. Kentucky's state legislature will debate how to pay for that beginning in January.
- Medicaid enrollment surges, stirs worry about state budgets Updated: Jul-19-15 9:23 am
ATLANTA - More than a dozen states that opted to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act have seen enrollments surge way beyond projections, raising concerns that the added costs will strain their budgets when federal aid is scaled back starting in two years.
- Beshear announces Governor's Awards in the Arts Updated: Jul-13-15 4:13 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Milner Award recipient Al Smith leads the winners of this year's Governor's Awards in the Arts.
- Beshear, Governor's Cup visit Lexington to tout success Updated: Jul-07-15 4:04 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - Gov. Steve Beshear says he's taking the Governor's Cup trophy that the state won recently for its economic development success on the road, in the same way Kentucky basketball coach John Calipari took the national championship trophy on tour a few years ago so fans could see it.