- Senate committee strikes investigative grand jury expansion Updated: Jun-28-16 7:15 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The North Carolina Senate has rejected efforts to expand investigative grand juries amid continued concern from some lawmakers who worry the tool could give too much power to district attorneys.
- Trying elected officials after ruling: It's complicated Updated: Jun-28-16 3:42 pm
WASHINGTON - A Supreme Court opinion setting aside the bribery conviction of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell will make it harder for Justice Department prosecutors to bring similar cases in the future and is welcome news to other elected officials investigated for or charged with corruption, legal experts say.
- Supreme Court leans left in term unsettled by Scalia's death Updated: Jun-28-16 2:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Justice Antonin Scalia's sudden death transformed the Supreme Court's term, shifted power to its liberal wing and started a transition that will be greatly affected by who wins the presidency.
- Regardless of outcome, McDonnell scandal leaves mark Updated: Jun-27-16 6:08 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The criminal prosecution of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell may have all been for naught, but the gift scandal that led to federal charges against him reshaped Virginia's political culture.
- Supreme Court ruling a factor in appeal by 2 NY politicians Updated: Jun-27-16 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - Manhattan prosecutors say the appeals of corruption convictions by two top New York State political figures can survive fresh scrutiny in light of Monday's U.S. Supreme Court ruling overturning a former Virginia governor's bribery conviction. Defense lawyers disagree.
- The Latest: Ex-gov's wife pleased by Supreme Court ruling Updated: Jun-27-16 2:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the Supreme Court's decision on the corruption conviction of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (all times local):
- Supreme Court set to close out current term with 3 big cases Updated: Jun-27-16 8:56 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court is set to close out its current term with opinions Monday in three remaining cases after a flurry of decisions last week.
- Governor names new commerce secretary Updated: Jun-23-16 4:56 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe's has named a new top aide to help him lure new business to Virginia.