- Time of tumult for House Republicans seeking new leadership Updated: Oct-03-15 2:21 pm
WASHINGTON - It's a tumultuous time for House Republicans, and leadership elections this coming week may only heighten the disarray. Dissatisfied lawmakers are casting about for new choices and a surprise longshot challenger is emerging in the speaker's race.
- House Republicans advance bill to undo health law Updated: Sep-29-15 1:15 pm
WASHINGTON - House Republicans advanced legislation Tuesday to dismantle President Barack Obama's health law that could actually reach the president's desk.
- Medford city councilor says he'll challenge Wyden in primary Updated: Sep-21-15 9:00 pm
MEDFORD, Oregon - A Medford city council member says he'll challenge U.S. Sen. Ron Wyden in next year's Democratic primary.
- House panel votes to make $412B in tax breaks permanent Updated: Sep-17-15 3:10 pm
WASHINGTON - House Republicans advanced legislation Thursday to make permanent a series of temporary tax breaks for restaurants, multinational corporations and other businesses.
- Census: Income, poverty numbers stay just about the same Updated: Sep-16-15 1:24 pm
WASHINGTON - The wallets of America's middle class and poorest aren't seeing any extra money, the U.S. Census reported Wednesday, a financial stagnation experts say may be fueling political dissent this campaign season.
- GOP bill pays bondholders if government hits debt limit Updated: Sep-10-15 5:04 pm
WASHINGTON - As Congress gears up for another fight over the federal debt, House Republicans advanced legislation Thursday to make sure investors in U.S. Treasury bonds get paid even if the government reaches the limit of its borrowing authority.
- 2-day N. Carolina business summit brings McCrory to DC Updated: Sep-08-15 11:49 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Capitol Hill is the place this week for North Carolina business leaders to talk to their elected representatives about commerce and legislative issues and for networking.