- Chiefs tight end Kelce out with ankle injury Updated: Sep-01-15 5:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Tight end Travis Kelce will miss the Chiefs' preseason finale Thursday night against St. Louis after spraining his ankle in practice earlier this week.
- Chiefs expect waived players to be snapped up for first time Updated: Aug-31-15 8:11 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The first year that general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid were in charge of the Chiefs, they were so short of quality depth that they snapped up seven players on waivers.
- Chiefs' Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin building rapport Updated: Aug-30-15 12:17 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Alex Smith was familiar with Jeremy Maclin long before the wide receiver signed with Kansas City, first catching him on television and then studying him on film with the Eagles.
- Aaron Murray gets chance to shine in Chiefs preseason game Updated: Aug-29-15 7:27 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The nerves were obvious when the Chiefs' Aaron Murray rolled to his left late in the first half Friday night, looked downfield and threw a perfect pass - right to a Tennessee defender.
- Smith sharp as Chiefs rout Titans 34-10 in preseason game Updated: Aug-28-15 11:57 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs' Alex Smith knows exactly how much weight Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota feels as the first-round pick tries to turn around the fortunes of Tennessee.
- Chiefs' Knile Davis could hold key to running success Updated: Aug-26-15 4:16 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - There may be no more valuable player on the Kansas City Chiefs than Jamaal Charles, the game-breaking running back with the slick moves and world-class speed.
- Chiefs dealing with mounting number of nagging injuries Updated: Aug-25-15 5:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have not had that moment in training camp or preseason when everyone notices a player hobbling to the sideline or flat on the field, and there is a collective gasp.
- Healthy eating helps NFL players achieve fitness goals Updated: Aug-25-15 2:57 am
PHILADELPHIA - Long before Chip Kelly arrived in Philadelphia and banned junk food in favor of personalized smoothies, fitness experts have been helping NFL players get bigger, stronger and faster by changing their eating habits.
- Chiefs' Alex Smith laying blame for struggles on knowledge Updated: Aug-24-15 5:05 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - When the Chiefs traded for Alex Smith, one of the reasons that general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid were so enamored of him was his vast knowledge of the game.
- Chiefs hold off Seahawks 14-13 in second preseason game Updated: Aug-22-15 12:33 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Chiefs coach Andy Reid insists he has a handle on who will start along the offensive line when Kansas City opens the regular season, assuming a couple guys get healthy.
- Some NFL coaches speak out to curb training camp fights Updated: Aug-20-15 2:11 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera offered this edict to his players before the start of this week's joint practices with the Miami Dolphins: You fight, you're out.
- Chiefs coach Reid intends to stick to practicing alone Updated: Aug-19-15 3:02 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - By the time the Chiefs wrapped up practice last week and headed to their preseason opener in Arizona, it was no surprise that players had grown weary of beating up each other.
- Chiefs' Charcandrick West catching passes, turning heads Updated: Aug-18-15 1:42 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - In an otherwise sloppy training camp practice, little-used running back Charcandrick West gave Chiefs coach Andy Reid a moment to smile.
- Chiefs' Fisher limps off as team resumes training camp Updated: Aug-17-15 7:27 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Chiefs have spent all of training camp shuffling their offensive line, trying to use the competition to figure out their best five by the regular season.
- Palmer perfect in brief return, Daniel leads Chiefs to win Updated: Aug-16-15 1:45 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Carson Palmer and Tyrann Mathieu have been probably the most impressive players in the Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Chiefs could sit several ailing players in preseason opener Updated: Aug-14-15 11:32 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Chiefs could be forced to rest a handful of players in their exhibition opener Saturday night in Arizona because of nagging injuries picked up during training camp.
- Chiefs safety Eric Berry preparing to play preseason opener Updated: Aug-13-15 12:44 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Kansas City Chiefs safety Eric Berry is ready to step back onto the field for a real game. Well, as real as the preseason gets.
- Chiefs' Charles laments 'rough' offensive line last season Updated: Aug-12-15 2:29 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Chiefs' Jamaal Charles sounded off on the ineptness of his offensive line last season following Wednesday's practice, a rare departure from the normally buttoned-up running back.
- Chiefs hope rare bit of continuity yields success Updated: Aug-11-15 2:17 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs churned through four coaches in eight years before Andy Reid arrived, and far more offensive and defensive coordinators. Each of them had varying schemes and ideas, and the result was a hodge-podge of failure.
- Alex Smith asked to carry load on his right shoulder Updated: Aug-10-15 4:16 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Alex Smith did everything the Kansas City Chiefs asked of him last season.
- Chiefs' Jeremy Maclin misses practice with strained neck Updated: Aug-10-15 12:47 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - Chiefs wide receiver Jeremy Maclin was held out of practice Monday after straining his neck the previous day, putting his availability for their preseason opener in question.
- Chiefs' De'Anthony Thomas hoping to shine at wide receiver Updated: Aug-09-15 4:32 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - There were moments last season when the Chiefs' De'Anthony Thomas resembled the player that rapper Snoop Dogg nicknamed "Black Mamba," a shifty do-everything star renowned for his speed and elusiveness on the Pop Warner playing fields.
- Chiefs prove willingness to give players second chances Updated: Aug-04-15 1:02 pm
ST. JOSEPH, Missouri - The Kansas City Chiefs have demonstrated a willingness under general manager John Dorsey and coach Andy Reid to give players who have run into trouble a second chance.